The Queen of the South thread

59 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

It's surely just a case of Fowler offering an ex-colleague training facilities and a shop window for Pickard to try and win himself a move somewhere.  I'd be astounded if St Mirren, or any club at this level, signed him.

Only probably Gary Locke is batshit crazy enough to do it, but Pickard has no connection to Hearts so it seems unlikely.

Fowler obviously rates him fairly highly given that, according to Soccerbase, he started him in 13 games last season plus 11 appearances as a sub. He also started him around half a dozen times as a striker instead of Gary Oliver who was on the bench.

I could understand your point if he had played a handful of games for us, but Fowler played him 24 times. Surely if he didn't think he was good enough for this level he wouldn't have played him as often?

Also, Skelton gave him 14 games this season, so that is another manager who thought he was good enough for this level. Add in JT as caretaker who played him in all 4 of his games in charge and there is a third.

Long way to travel for only training facilities!

If he coped with travelling to Broadwood to train with us whilst getting paid for it, I'm sure he'll manage going the extra distance to Paisley to try and earn a contract. He's currently unemployed, generally unemployed people will do what they can to try and become employed again.

30 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

If he coped with travelling to Broadwood to train with us whilst getting paid for it, I'm sure he'll manage going the extra distance to Paisley to try and earn a contract. He's currently unemployed, generally unemployed people will do what they can to try and become employed again.

Travelling on his own now tho am sure he could get training facilities closer to home but good luck to him.

When you see the type of young players that St Mirren have developed recently I can't see Jake Pickard getting the Paisley pulses racing.

Full credit to him if he pushes into first team at Saints but I would be even more worried for their survival hopes if he becomes a first pick in midfield.

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My biggest worry for you is if Fowler has advised Ross to play Jake anywhere near up front. I was always one to defend the guy but on that there is no defence. He shouldn't be anywhere near the front line.

My biggest worry for you is if Fowler has advised Ross to have Pickard anywhere near a football pitch.

Is it correct that the trust are attempting to buy shares from individuals? 

I'm a relatively new member of the trust, I think they do a lot of good work. I'm also in favour of them buying any loose shares when available directly from the club. However I'm not keen on trust money going to private individuals rather than the club. 

Just wondering what other fans opinions on trust money being spent in this way are?

59 minutes ago, Senior_Coconut said:

I'm a relatively new member of the trust, I think they do a lot of good work. I'm also in favour of them buying any loose shares when available directly from the club. However I'm not keen on trust money going to private individuals rather than the club. 

Just wondering what other fans opinions on trust money being spent in this way are?

You should probably get in touch with the trust and ask them.

4 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

You should probably get in touch with the trust and ask them.

I should get in touch to ask them what the opinions of QoS fans on P&B are? Ok m9

To clarify I assume it is correct, I read if on the MAD board. :whistle

Edited by Senior_Coconut

1 minute ago, Senior_Coconut said:

I should get in touch to ask them what the opinions of QoS fans on P&B are? Ok m9

You are asking a specific question and wanting opinions on it. Why don't you ask the trust first, get an answer then ask opinions?

Hi Senior_Coconut,

The Queens Trust currently has 924 shares. 804 of these were bought direct from the club until the club ran out of shares. It has been the Trusts aim to get to 1000 shares. It it is one of the main powers of the Trust to buy and own shares in the club.

We have members who see this as very important and have made it clear they do not want the Trust money to go to the club or for the Trust to be seen as a cash cow and others who probably feel the opposite and want to see all our money go directly to the club but to be honest I have not heard from any of them. So there is a bit of a balance to strike but by quite some distance I would say the vast majority of the Trusts money and efforts since the Trust has started has gone towards the club. However we feel that slowly strengthening the Trust and reaching our targets is also important. So we have agreed recently on the purchase of some more shares that will help us reach our goal of 1000 shares.

We have not been told of the club reclaiming any shares and making them available to the public for sale but it does appear on the clubs shareholder list that the number of deceased and unknown shareholders has been decreasing so maybe some have been reclaimed by the club although all shares do seem to be allocated.

Edited by JTulip
Bit at end.

25 minutes ago, JTulip said:

Hi Senior_Coconut,

The Queens Trust currently has 924 shares. 804 of these were bought direct from the club until the club ran out of shares. It has been the Trusts aim to get to 1000 shares. It it is one of the main powers of the Trust to buy and own shares in the club.

We have members who see this as very important and have made it clear they do not want the Trust money to go to the club or for the Trust to be seen as a cash cow and others who probably feel the opposite and want to see all our money go directly to the club but to be honest I have not heard from any of them. So there is a bit of a balance to strike but by quite some distance I would say the vast majority of the Trusts money and efforts since the Trust has started has gone towards the club. However we feel that slowly strengthening the Trust and reaching our targets is also important. So we have agreed recently on the purchase of some more shares that will help us reach our goal of 1000 shares.

We have not been told of the club reclaiming any shares and making them available to the public for sale but it does appear on the clubs shareholder list that the number of deceased and unknown shareholders has been decreasing so maybe some have been reclaimed by the club although all shares do seem to be allocated.

Hi, thanks for the reply, I'm not keen on the trust being used as a cash cow by the club but I'd rather the money was held/saved until the opportunity to purchase more shares directly became available rather than giving the money to a third party. Seems a waste.

27 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

You are asking a specific question and wanting opinions on it. Why don't you ask the trust first, get an answer then ask opinions?

I don't see the problem with having this discussion here, I assume JTulip doesn't either. 

I don't have a hidden agenda I'm happy to have my mind changed on this. 

1 hour ago, Senior_Coconut said:

You were wanting opinions on a question which hadn't been answered. Now it has anybody can contribute.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/st-mirren-blunder-boy-marc-1075258  If you say so.....whats your view on Efe Ambrose just out of interest?

I do say so.

And a daily record article from 2007 about a 22 year old making a couple of blunders isn't really going to change that tbh.

From the Daily Fucking record no less [emoji38]

Surely a share is a share regardless of where it comes from. 

If the aim of the Trust is to obtain 1000 shares then it shouldnt matter where they come from, assuming they are paying the going rate. 

If its waiting for the club to simply create more shares then the original 1000 figure becomes meaningless as the whole share profile will have shifted. 

(ie I used to have 25 shares, but after the club did a rights issue (or whatever it was called) I suddenly had 250)