The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, MONKMAN said:

Gavin Reilly is on loanu at Dunfermline until the end of the season, then another year on his deal at Hearts.

The way its going for him there though it wouldn't surprise me if both parties decide its for the best to terminate the loan. Then if hearts are willing they may loan/sell for a small fee to us

50 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

That won't happen.

Really ? Can see pars handing him back especially if paying his wages or a fair chunk of them. I can't see hearts wanting him, I don't think he will end up here but could see him going elsewhere. 

17 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Really ? Can see pars handing him back especially if paying his wages or a fair chunk of them. I can't see hearts wanting him, I don't think he will end up here but could see him going elsewhere. 

Eh, if you dont think Hearts want him back why on earth would they agree to cancel the loan and forego the money Dunfermline are paying? That makes no sense at all.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Eh, if you dont think Hearts want him back why on earth would they agree to cancel the loan and forego the money Dunfermline are paying? That makes no sense at all.

Because I'm assuming clubs would be interested in him, look at majority of deals being concluded in this league atm, they are clubs releasing players from contracts as they have verbally agreed terms elsewhere. Rankin to us, Stevenson to Raith, Thomson to Falkirk being three off the top of my head. Clubs happy to get players off the wage bills and players happy to go and play football.

eta I totally forgot about Mark Millar going to livi in a similar deal. 

Edited by Broony88

Despite what the fans on here say, Reilly is featuring pretty regularly for Dunfermline. I don't see what I benefit they would get from canceling his loan.

54 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Despite what the fans on here say, Reilly is featuring pretty regularly for Dunfermline. I don't see what I benefit they would get from canceling his loan.

Haven't paid any attention to his game time, just assumed wasn't playing much and they would be happy to terminate if hearts found someone to take him off their hands. If he isn't getting much of a look in at pars I highly doubt he will be in Cathros plans. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Featuring off the bench and not shining by all accounts. Hearts will probably not be to hard to deal with now for a player thats stock has fallen . The question is whether we would be willing to match what dunfermline are paying if its s loan, or whether he would be willing to take a paycut to join us permanently. As has been said some footballers chase gametime and happiness over dosh

Edited by football maniac

Just now, football maniac said:

Featuring off the bench and not shitting by all accounts. Hearts will probably not be to hard to deal with him now. The question is whether we would be willing to match what dunfermline are paying if its s loan, or whether he would be willing to take a paycut to join us permanently. As has been said some footballer chase gametime and happiness over dosh

I dont think Hearts are the problem. Hes on loan at Dunfermline until the end of the season unless Dunfermline decide they dont want him anymore. Given he's been used as a sub quite regularly, I dont see why they would send him back, unless they bring in another striker. The only way it would happen is if Reilly wants to go back to Hearts and they let him

Neither good enough.

Well that's just nonsense. Anderson was one of our best performers earlier in the season and how Brotherston can be judged from a handful of appearances is beyond me. He's looked decent from what I've seen.

Was told today Pickard and Moxon have been told they can leave but I've not seen it anywhere. Strange if true considering they are both still young.

Was told today Pickard and Moxon have been told they can leave but I've not seen it anywhere. Strange if true considering they are both still young.

I don't imagine that that is something the club would confirm. They will only confirm they have left, if that happens. Both are under contract so they will only leave if they agree terms with another club.

27 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Well that's just nonsense. Anderson was one of our best performers earlier in the season and how Brotherston can be judged from a handful of appearances is beyond me. He's looked decent from what I've seen.

Anderson was one of our best players early on but he always struck me as a very Skelton-esque winger - tall, strong(ish), works hard but doesnt have great pace or skill. He's also looked like a player who thinks hes lost a yard of pace since he was injured. I've no idea if he actually has but he plays like he thinks he has.

It looks like Locke prefers pacy, skillful wingers so I wouldnt be surprised to see Anderson go.

Brotherston has looked ok, but nothing more. Compare him to Thomas or the wingers at St Mirren, for example, and he looks way off that standard, unfortunately.

Moxon would be a surprise, given hes been in the squad and praised by Naysmith. Pickards problem, I think, is that he doesnt really have a position. Hes quite versatile but hes ok, at best, wherever he plays. Again, compare him, or Moxon, to Thomson or Magennis at St Mirren and theyre well below that standard too.

He's really not.

St Mirren-didn't play

Ayr-15 minutes

Raith-1 minute

Falkirk-9 minutes

And before that he hadn't played since the end of October, his only goal coming in August.

I'd imagine we're waiting to see what happens with Farid, as well as that would Hearts take him back to loan him out? The only chance we have of that is if someone is willing to mirror how much we are paying into Reillys wage.

For example would Hearts cancel his loan with us if we were paying 100% of his wages to loan him out to another team paying half?75?.

We're stuck with for now sadly.

Edited to add:- We would benefit from having his wages to put towards a player who might offer something? As well as potentially weakening another divisional rival if he keeps up this form.