The Queen of the South thread

Naywins has hardly hit the ground running with results but you've got to give him some credit for stopping the rot and picking up some draws! Especially when he inherited such a dilapidated squad.

I'm very happy with the squad movements so far. I liked Millar but there was a huge hole in midfield last few games I watched and he just wasn't putting in the required shifts this season. Right decision to let him go.

Don't really know enough about the young players to comment on their movements, but I hope he continues to give youth a chance because (Dobbie aside,) that is our only real source of a genuine exciting player. Nelson out in a good midfield performance against Morton didn't he? Hopefully he continues to get game time as we might need him for the semi.

17 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Hooper has ben told he can go .Brotherston has attitude problem and could be next .

I`ve no idea if Brotherston has an attitude problem or not but he has talent. Given the manager is pretty much just in the door i`d be hoping he would give the guy a chance. Plenty of young players with "attitude issues" who`ve turned into fine players over the years.

That's my thinking. I didn't think we needed a new striker but that was based on Smith staying put in January.

I can't imagine Loy would come here to sit on the bench so perhaps Dykes isn't out for too much longer?

I`ve no idea if Brotherston has an attitude problem or not but he has talent. Given the manager is pretty much just in the door i`d be hoping he would give the guy a chance. Plenty of young players with "attitude issues" who`ve turned into fine players over the years.

I remember the 4-1 game against Ayr, he was standing talking to a couple of his friends during the warm up and I over heard him talking and what I got from him was he was over confident in his ability

53 minutes ago, Stu1 said:

I remember the 4-1 game against Ayr, he was standing talking to a couple of his friends during the warm up and I over heard him talking and what I got from him was he was over confident in his ability

A young winger with ability and bags of confidence sounds good to me. Doesn`t necessarily mean he has a bad attitude.

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

A young winger with ability and bags of confidence sounds good to me. Doesn`t necessarily mean he has a bad attitude.

I asked why he wasn't featuring but never got an answer, maybe this is the reason or Naysmith just doesn't rate him.

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Could be either as you say. From what I`ve seen I`d be keen that we persevered with him but of course Naysmith sees him day in day out.  

If it is an attitude problem then I think Naysmith would deal with it, that's the impression I get anyway.

32 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Surely the big question is whether he follows a sports science diet or the Kris Boyd one?