Doctor Who

yoda

I wouldn't say the last season was terrible, Moffat already explained why it had to be that way. They were appeasing everyone due to the concern of Tennant leaving. This season apparently is where they have total creative control and judging by the opener it's going to be amazing!!!

Rory for the win.

"and then the universe exploded" :D

I had this discussion with people last series, but I think Dr. Who is dying. They've changed it and I'm really disappointed in Moffat's work so far. He's clearly targeted the core fans, the "geeks", and while its fun and the writing is good, there feels like there is something missing from the show. The spark and drama that made it such a massive show has been taken away, and its well on its way back to becoming a niche show once more. Also, I don't like Matt Smith, he's no David Tennant, and it just doesn't feel as good a show anymore. :(

I had this discussion with people last series, but I think Dr. Who is dying. They've changed it and I'm really disappointed in Moffat's work so far. He's clearly targeted the core fans, the "geeks", and while its fun and the writing is good, there feels like there is something missing from the show. The spark and drama that made it such a massive show has been taken away, and its well on its way back to becoming a niche show once more. Also, I don't like Matt Smith, he's no David Tennant, and it just doesn't feel as good a show anymore. :(

Well I for one thought that the episode yesterday and the entire last series was brilliant. It's more Who than it's been since they got it back up and running.

It's not supposed to be all high action and drama. It's supposed to be deceptively subtle. That's what they didn't quite get right particularly in the latter Tennant stuff.

Matt Smith is miles better than the Mockney cock that was Tennant.

Well I for one thought that the episode yesterday and the entire last series was brilliant. It's more Who than it's been since they got it back up and running.

It's not supposed to be all high action and drama. It's supposed to be deceptively subtle. That's what they didn't quite get right particularly in the latter Tennant stuff.

But the problem is that Dr Who failed. It didn't work as it was because eventually, it only appealed to its core fans and wasn't attractive to general viewers, the ones who buy the merchandise and get the show talked about. Since it has been revived, it was aimed at a different kind of fan rather than the "hardcore", but that has gone now, as you have just acknowledged yourself. I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episodes done by Moffat, but there needs to be a limit, and while I had hopes, he's not turning out to be as good as I hoped for. The target audience has changed, and the new target is much smaller and much more niche. I'm not sure I can consider myself part of that niche any more, sadly.

But the problem is that Dr Who failed. It didn't work as it was because eventually, it only appealed to its core fans and wasn't attractive to general viewers, the ones who buy the merchandise and get the show talked about. Since it has been revived, it was aimed at a different kind of fan rather than the "hardcore", but that has gone now, as you have just acknowledged yourself. I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episodes done by Moffat, but there needs to be a limit, and while I had hopes, he's not turning out to be as good as I hoped for. The target audience has changed, and the new target is much smaller and much more niche. I'm not sure I can consider myself part of that niche any more, sadly.

It's a fucking awesome niche and you're not invited.

wrong.

wrong

It's a fucking awesome niche and you're not invited.

green dot coming up.

It represents a decline. A decline that will continue IMO.

wrong.

its staggering that an intellect vaguely comparable with my own could be so wrong. that disappoints me.

fucking brilliant episode. Moffat back to his best. Smith brilliant. gillan Brillant. Darvill the best he's been imo and Alex brilliant.

how can you not enjoy dialogue like;

"shout if you get into trouble"

"don't worry, I'm quite the screamer..."

also I now understand where cordon fits into the series having seen the clues in this episode.:D

and then there's the whole Amy being River's mum thing....