Doctor Who

yoda

Tilda Swinton is now apparently favorite to become the next Dr Who, I mean shes a fantastic actress with a pretty good sense of humor and a rather unique androgynous look. It could totally work. Not my first choice because honestly i didnt see her being interested but yeah id totally be up for her getting the role.

Tilda Swinton is now apparently favorite to become the next Dr Who, I mean shes a fantastic actress with a pretty good sense of humor and a rather unique androgynous look. It could totally work. Not my first choice because honestly i didnt see her being interested but yeah id totally be up for her getting the role.

Yeah that would be an outstanding piece if casting. Can't see her doing it for many series due to amount of film work she does but would be a vast improvement on some of the names being bandied about eg miranda hart Danny dyer etc.

21 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Not sure where they got her name from but I agree, would maybe breath new life in to it and she is quite quirky.  Just been in Doctor Strange and think she is in demand in the US.  Would be a surprising casting if it comes to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Gatiss has already been in the show as other characters, but that wouldn't stop him being cast as the Doctor - Capaldi was in it before, as was Colin Baker before he took the lead. Fanwank says that when regenerating, Time Lords sometimes take on the appearance of somebody they've met in the past who has impressed them.

12 hours ago, renton said:

Right. So having already dumped the whole original story about the Cybermen's origins at the reboot to have them coming from a parallel universe instead, they're now bringing back the original cybermen (& storyline) they junked, & ones that had evolved from the way they looked when they were just starting off into looking more like the ones they've just junked?

I expect this to work as well as everything else there's been since that cack handed shortbread tin incarnation of the Doc blundered into the part.

9 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

ones that had evolved from the way they looked when they were just starting off into looking more like the ones they've just junked?

It's a time-travel show. Maybe these ones come from the past.

11 hours ago, GordonD said:

It's a time-travel show. Maybe these ones come from the past.

Aye. The viewers' past.

Still, maybe it is all going to be a dream & the Doctor will wake up to find Jenna Coleman in the shower...

P.S. for the benefit of Marr1 & anyone else that didn't get the reference to TV's most famous "jumped the shark" moment (& which killed what was at that time the world's biggest TV show ratings wise stone dead, television's equivalent of the Ratner speech).

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AllJustADream

Edited by WaffenThinMint

The "real" Cybermen have been briefly shown before, or bits of them have at least.  I don't think they've ever tried to claim that the parallel universe ones where the "proper" ones.

edit:  In fact, the last time they were in it, it was "original" Cybermen, was it not?

Edited by KnightswoodBear

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 15:20, KnightswoodBear said:

The "real" Cybermen have been briefly shown before, or bits of them have at least.  I don't think they've ever tried to claim that the parallel universe ones where the "proper" ones.

edit:  In fact, the last time they were in it, it was "original" Cybermen, was it not?

Pretty much since Moffat took over, it's been the "original" Cybermen. In series 5, it's the "Cybus" design but the "C" on the chest has been removed,a t least by series 6. Series 6 "closing time" also had some Cybermen crashing to earth and being in stasis for years - the Cybusmen from Davis' run were a bit primitive and shit, probably wouldn't have intergalactic travel.  Then you had the redesign in series 7, which even explicitly mentioned previous generation's weakness to Gold, which would imply continuity with the original Cybermen.

[/geek]

Quite looking forward to seeing the original ones back, Despite the Lo-Fi FX, they were genuinely a lot creepier than the later versions.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought John Simm was excellent as the Master and really enjoy those episodes. The later episode (The End of Time) where they resurrected him wasn’t quite as good and I’d worry, considering how poor the recent stories have been, about them bringing him back again.

Few rumours circulating on the Doctor Who forum Outpost Gallifrey that Simm may not be the only returning Master. Stories are that either through re-casting or use of old footage both Roger Delgado and Anthony Ainley may also be appearing - will very much believe it when I see it - delighted Simm is returning though -great actor and the idea of him and Michelle Gomez sharing screen time has huge potential .

Just hope that fud Eric Roberts doesn't make an appearance....

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1491601854.767276.jpg