Doctor Who

yoda

Both these episodes have been near carbon copies of previous episodes, or at least borrowed the "monster" from previous episodes

Both these episodes have been near carbon copies of previous episodes, or at least borrowed the "monster" from previous episodes

Did wonder why they came up with a new 'monster' name when the Vardi could surely have been the Nanobots that have been on before?

Aye exactly its badly run out of puff..,.even capaldi looks pissed off....moffat cant piss off quick enough

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:15, killieshire said:

Episode 2 was a solid 6 out of 10 for me with decent performances from Capaldi and 'Bill', with some decent direction as well. Thought the script was somewhat lacking being a bit of a rehash of other episodes with an attempt to tack on somethingsa bit more deep about grief and consciousness.

Yeah it was kind of a mix of New New York and the Vashta Nerada wasn't it?

Don't want to read the thread as just watched the pilot, about to watch the 1st proper episode, but thought the new assistant was great. 

Really??? Thought she was pretty formulaic allowing same old cliches to be trotted out, nowhere near amy pond or jenna Coleman eta i have a real downer or the current writers / producers so im prob touch biased.

21 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Really??? Thought she was pretty formulaic allowing same old cliches to be trotted out, nowhere near amy pond or jenna Coleman eta i have a real downer or the current writers / producers so im prob touch biased.

Next episode was a bit lacking in lesbian frisson but ok. Needs Missy back imo.

Next episode was a bit lacking in lesbian frisson but ok. Needs Missy back imo.

Oh she's on way back....even without trailers we know Moffat loves previous characters no matter how contriving their return kills the dramatic tension...

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Oh she's on way back....even without trailers we know Moffat loves previous characters no matter how contriving their return kills the dramatic tension...

I think you might be taking this TV show a bit too seriously. It was always a cheap compromise between adult and child viewing early Saturday night. There was never a golden era, and it's never going to match the Banks, Reynolds, Clarke or Dick of science fiction. I agree that they should mix up the writers a bit more though.

I think you might be taking this TV show a bit too seriously. It was always a cheap compromise between adult and child viewing early Saturday night. There was never a golden era, and it's never going to match the Banks, Reynolds, Clarke or Dick of science fiction. I agree that they should mix up the writers a bit more though.

Yeah probably but it's also had writers like Adams n gaiman....since 50th anniversary it's become far too safe. Moffat ruined sherlock it's a show that could be a lot more daring....

2 minutes ago, dogmc said:

Yeah probably but it's also had writers like Adams n gaiman....since 50th anniversary it's become far too safe. Moffat ruined sherlock it's a show that could be a lot more daring....

Aye, you can spot the Moffat formula a mile off I suppose. Never bothered watching past the first episode of the last series of Sherlock, and I loved the first few.

Aye, you can spot the Moffat formula a mile off I suppose. Never bothered watching past the first episode of the last series of Sherlock, and I loved the first few.

I was a fan tbh....but last sherlock series was chronic n I've not enjoyed too many Dr who since 50th....bit like the actors the writers need to regenerate too. Hopefully the new guy cab inject some life tho the final broadchurch episode doesn't inspire much hope.....would love to see line of duty writer mercurio do a few episodes