Doctor Who

yoda

Yea, I don't mind admitting I was wrong.

It was by no means an excellent piece of television, but compared to recent Doctor Whos, it was a masterpiece.  I enjoyed it.

And Bill is a hell of a lot less annoying than I thought she would be.

Still can't wait till Moffat goes though.

If it is Kris Marshall, it's confirmation that while the Doctor could be anyone, he'll almost always be a white, twenty to thirty something, slightly off kilter character actor. Despite being the best actual actor to have the role in years, and despite what I think are some really good performances from Capaldi, he doesn't sell enough action figures. hence the correction for the next guy. It's Tennent-Smith types from here on in.

1 hour ago, renton said:

If it is Kris Marshall, it's confirmation that while the Doctor could be anyone, he'll almost always be a white, twenty to thirty something, slightly off kilter character actor. Despite being the best actual actor to have the role in years, and despite what I think are some really good performances from Capaldi, he doesn't sell enough action figures. hence the correction for the next guy. It's Tennent-Smith types from here on in.

Krs Marshall is 44.

FWIW I think a female Doctor would be tremendous.

Just now, The Naitch said:

Krs Marshall is 44.

FWIW I think a female Doctor would be tremendous.

Fair enough. had it in my head that he was younger. Still feels a bit like a reversion to the mean in my head, though I guess I can't quantitatively say why.

At least seriously considering a woman for the role would actively broaden the pool the producers might pick from. The show is only ever the one casting role from disaster, given that the more than occasional thin storylines have to be dragged up by the sheer charisma of the lead actors.

7 hours ago, renton said:

The best chance at someone to break this was to be either Tilda Swinton but the odd's of her taking the role when respectfully its a step down are slim and Richard Ayoade but he already admitted he isn't interested. They might be stuck with Marshall because no one better suited is interested

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

I really enjoyed Saturday’s episode, it was certainly a lot better than I was expecting. Trying not to get my hopes up for the whole series though, just have to see how it pans out.

I’m not excited by the prospect of Kris Marshall as the new Doctor, if it turns out to be correct. Mostly because I’ve seen far more of him in other programmes than I have any of the previous Doctors. It always feels like a role you want someone you’re a little less familiar with in.

However, I think you have to trust their casting as since Doctor Who returned I don’t think they’ve really got much wrong in that sense. Eccleston and Tennant were brilliant and, after not warming to him at first, Matt Smith was very good as well. I think everyone agrees Capaldi would have worked well with better writing. Add in genius such as casting John Simm as the Master, and even being able to make Catherine Tate work as a companion, and I think you’ve got to trust them to make the right choice.

Apparently the Xmas episode will be Capaldi's last, sounds quite interesting, he's teaming up with the first Doctor, played by David Bradley, who I thought was excellent as William Hartnell in An Adventure In Space And Time!!!

So I've read, the 1st Doctor has to help the 12th play out his last mission in the TARDIS. The pair must work together to save home planet Gallifrey by moving it to another dimension!!!

Could be a classic if they pull it off!!!

IMG_1492546003.014529.jpg

Apparently the Xmas episode will be Capaldi's last, sounds quite interesting, he's teaming up with the first Doctor, played by David Bradley, who I thought was excellent as William Hartnell in An Adventure In Space And Time!!!

So I've read, the 1st Doctor has to help the 12th play out his last mission in the TARDIS. The pair must work together to save home planet Gallifrey by moving it to another dimension!!!

Could be a classic if they pull it off!!!

IMG_1492546003.014529.jpg.9a44552c687d4cf6bb146d0ea9e52b5e.jpg

That actually sounds really good. Odd given that Bradley has played a bad un in a matt smith episode but he was fantastic as Hartnell.

Wouldn't put it past Moffat to do this . Rumour is that Capaldi's first appearance as The Doctor from the Day of the Doctor ( the No Sir! All Thirteen ! One ) will be revisited in the Christmas episode and will actually be shown to have been part of his regeneration scene. So effectively his first scene as The Doctor is also his last one!

58f7df2d3e510_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1492639532.872272.jpg.13afb85dc94aa424b996bcbd84f9cbed.jpg

Wouldn't put it past Moffat to do this . Rumour is that Capaldi's first appearance as The Doctor from the Day of the Doctor ( the No Sir! All Thirteen ! One ) will be revisited in the Christmas episode and will actually be shown to have been part of his regeneration scene. So effectively his first scene as The Doctor is also his last one!

58f7df2d3e510_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1492639532.872272.jpg.13afb85dc94aa424b996bcbd84f9cbed.jpg

Another decent idea tbf.

13 minutes ago, happysouth said:

Thought that was poor tbh. Last 15 minutes seemed to drag. Bill was more annoying this week as well.
Next week - back to Dickensian London again. How many times is that now?

Yes - for a man in charge of a time travelling police box, he visits it far too many times.

I enjoyed it again. I can see why you might say Bill was more annoying, but she's still in the "new assistant phase" which requires her to be asking questions all the time. Willing to give her a chance as I think she's generally been fine so far.

Another solid "7" type episode.

I enjoyed it again. I can see why you might say Bill was more annoying, but she's still in the "new assistant phase" which requires her to be asking questions all the time. Willing to give her a chance as I think she's generally been fine so far.

Another solid "7" type episode.

I thought she was good in the first episode.

Episode 2 was a solid 6 out of 10 for me with decent performances from Capaldi and 'Bill', with some decent direction as well. Thought the script was somewhat lacking being a bit of a rehash of other episodes with an attempt to tack on somethingsa bit more deep about grief and consciousness.