Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

My wife’s uncle was diagnosed with leukaemia a few weeks ago - he was picking up a prescription when they thought he was looking awful, sent him to the docs where they did some tests and sent him straight to hospital for chemo. Fairly brutal and my mother in law told us about it but said that we weren’t to say to anyone or put it in Facebook as they hadn’t told their family - fair enough, although my wife’s uncle is a complete mouthy Facebook show off arsehole and we were expecting an elongated post at some point.

Today he posted “9 Kgs lost since Christmas” and when one of his friends asked “what’s your secret?” He replied “leukaemia”.

What a fucking arsehole. A man in his sixties carrying on like that over something so serious. Pathetic.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My wife’s uncle was diagnosed with leukaemia a few weeks ago - he was picking up a prescription when they thought he was looking awful, sent him to the docs where they did some tests and sent him straight to hospital for chemo. Fairly brutal and my mother in law told us about it but said that we weren’t to say to anyone or put it in Facebook as they hadn’t told their family - fair enough, although my wife’s uncle is a complete mouthy Facebook show off arsehole and we were expecting an elongated post at some point.

Today he posted “9 Kgs lost since Christmas” and when one of his friends asked “what’s your secret?” He replied “leukaemia”.

What a fucking arsehole. A man in his sixties carrying on like that over something so serious. Pathetic.

Ugh.

My niece's husband is in the army (no, no, he's quite sound) and a few years back, received notice that he was being posted to Iraq. He made a point of asking all his relatives and friends not to mention it on Facebook until he'd broken the news to his Mum. He knew she'd be upset so wanted to tell her in person. One of his cousins promptly made a post saying "I know he doesn't want us to tell anyone but I want to say how proud I am of Anthony as he leaves to serve our country in Iraq. A true patriot! God bless him and keep him safe."

So that's how his Mum found out.

Edited by Shotgun

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Dunno to be fair it's quite a lighthearted way to break a serious subject to your pals. He is the one going through the diagnosis after all and maybe this is his way of dealing with it. Although if as you say he has previous for being a c**t he probably needs his face slammed in a car door on balance. 

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I personally think that's fine.

On 13/02/2018 at 17:22, ICTChris said:

That's how I'd do it. Presumably close family had been told by then. His disease; if he wanted to tell other friends about it through a joke, he's every right.

Edited by welshbairn

Also in Kilmarnock there was an absolute outcry after a woman’s two kids were almost abducted.

The actual story of what happened didn’t really seem too clear cut if you ask me.

IMG_1518950610.791044.thumb.jpg.3fddf94b65c59e7c3dba3494518f574a.jpg

IMG_1518950632.397923.thumb.jpg.2cdac5275ab65b61238a39cb93d67332.jpg

IMG_1518950641.267646.thumb.jpg.4027665b97a519c198920e0ee8d53f46.jpg

IMG_1518950648.437498.thumb.jpg.b54c9e2a494d54244b2317abb0b0385e.jpg

IMG_1518950655.301021.thumb.jpg.de3e33118a3e441cc80eacfc7a1c6044.jpg

So, to clarify, someone close-by went into the same shop?

Someone on mine has just tried to come up with a country for every letter of her name.  She included Nice and Rome. :huh:

Edit - Now someone called Sally has chosen for the A...Africa!  How can people go through life being so stupid?

Edit 2 - Someone else has now commented with, for the letter O, Oslo!  Another has spelled Libya - Lybia!

Edited by Highland Capital

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Someone on mine has just tried to come up with a country for every letter of her name.  She included Nice and Rome. :huh:

I just learnt that in Turkish, their phonetic alphabet is all names of towns/cities. So to spell out Partick over the phone you'd say their equivalent of Peterhead, Aberdeen, Rosyth, Tillicoutry, Inverness, Cupar, Kilmarnock.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I just learnt that in Turkish, their phonetic alphabet is all names of towns/cities. So to spell out Partick over the phone you'd say their equivalent of Peterhead, Aberdeen, Rosyth, Tillicoutry, Inverness, Cupar, Kilmarnock.

I always thought it was exactly the same as it is in English, just a bit louder and slower.