The Recent Match Videos Thread

Hi folks, been a visitor to the site a few times but looking for a bit of advice so decided to register.

Filming of local games is an area I`m very interested in getting involved in but have no idea where to start.

Given some of the quality footage on this thread I`m hoping someone could give me some pointers as to what sort of kit I`d need and what to look for. Is there specific features you use on your camera or perhaps features you would recommend. What sort of editing software do you use or would you recommend.

thanks in advance

All you really need is a camcorder, as most computers will have some sort of editing software with it to use - Windows Movie Maker if you're a Windows user, for example.

When filming I just make sure I set it to 'sport' mode, most camcorders will have a similar function for recording high-speed sort of action - I think the default sort of settings are things like 'spotlight', 'indoor', etc. Apart from that I just try to do my best filming it, and then do my thing with the editing. Definitely a case of learn-by-doing.