Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Started watching this from the beginning as a refresher, only at season 3 so no chance of finishing it before the new season starts.

So many hints at how this going to end in season 1, obviously book readers will have a rough idea anyway. If only I understood it all!

Personally think Bran will have the biggest part to play from here on. 

Rose Leslie was in attendance as well. Yes, Ygrette is coming back!

Anyway, I wasn't all that hyped until I started season 6 again and remembered all the sub plots that need resolved as well as all the obvious big battles still to come. Looking forward to seeing Sam's story unfolding, he will have a huge part to play I reckon. Jorah Mormont is going to be cured and end up some kind of hero. These two plots will be related I expect. Loads of other intriguing side plots still to be sorted out. Fortunately it won't all be dragons and white walkers, even those scenes will be fucking awesome.

Any chance of a cheeky wee GoT Dead Pool sidebet somewhere?

Finished rewatching season 6 last night. Still super impressed by Varys going from Dorne in one scene to crossing the narrow sea BACK to Westeros moments later. Surely he'd have saved on travel expenses by merely waiting for the rest of them in Westeros???

27 minutes ago, Sooky said:

Finished rewatching season 6 last night. Still super impressed by Varys going from Dorne in one scene to crossing the narrow sea BACK to Westeros moments later. Surely he'd have saved on travel expenses by merely waiting for the rest of them in Westeros???

Doing it for the Air Miles.

Edited by Boghead ranter

23 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Rose Leslie was in attendance as well. Yes, Ygrette is coming back!

That for sure? She goes out with Kit Harrington in real life, could be she was just his +1 or whatever?

Just started watching this. Watched the first three episodes last night, and I'm still kind of waiting for something to happen. And is it just me, or is Sean Bean just playing an older, not dead version of Boromir?

I watched the first couple of episodes and was very much of this opinion. I just thought the show was a bit meh. Four episodes and I was hooked.

Only 5 years behind the curve.

21 hours ago, Sooky said:
Still super impressed by Varys going from Dorne in one scene to crossing the narrow sea BACK to Westeros moments later.

Dorne is part of Westeros, he travels back to Essos.

Edited by MONKMAN

Seriously cannot wait for this, will definitely be watching at 2am.

I'm assuming the same morons that pipe up every year are still aware that after the 2am screening, discussions are fair game without spoilers?

51 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I'm assuming the same morons that pipe up every year are still aware that after the 2am screening, discussions are fair game without spoilers?

44 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Doubtful, but f**k 'em

When you're trying to be smart, you should at least try and be right. Discussions aren't fair game without spoilers because that's not the rule, moron.

On 2/28/2016 at 20:42, Mr X said:

After some (much) discussion on the subject of when to use spoiler tags when posting about US tv shows, we've come up with the following guidelines.

You SHOULD use spoilers if :

• you are watching a show online ahead of the UK release
  • you have watched an episode of a show simulcast with the US

You DO NOT need to use spoilers if :

• it is after the UK Prime time Premier airing
  • the show is available on a UK on-demand service

Hopefully, that helps clear things up.

I also hope that even if you dont agree with the cut offs above that you'll adhere to them out of respect for other forum users.

Finally, the only way to guarantee you avoid spoilers is to avoid the shows thread until after you've watched the latest episode!

Pretty shite rules all round actually reading that all. You don't need spoilers for on-demand content? So you can't take part in discussion on say, House of Cards, until you've watched a whole season? Doesn't make any sense.

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

I like the final paragraph, that's all that's needed to be said

I agree. I'll be avoiding here anyway until I get a chance to watch it. But there's no point posting without spoilers at that time of day just for the sake of being a bit of dick. People will accidentally wander in here not thinking. I watched the simulcast last year and stuck to using spoilers, it's not a hardship.

Pretty shite rules all round actually reading that all. You don't need spoilers for on-demand content? So you can't take part in discussion on say, House of Cards, until you've watched a whole season? Doesn't make any sense.

What's the alternative? For something like house of cards everyone would need to use spoilers for ever just in case someone who hadn't watched it looked at the thread.

The on demand part was more about new episodes. Some stuff that's simulcast is then available on demand straight away. Some, though, isn't available to watch again until the UK evening showing.

If you have better suggestions, feel free to post them