Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

This does indeed look good and I am really looking forward to giving it a go!!!

Does anybody actually know when it's starting, can't find a time anywhere???

Edited by King Kebab

This does indeed look good and I am really looking forward to giving it a go!!!

Does anybody actually know when it's starting, can't find a time anywhere???

April...

Game of Thrones

April 2011

It's doubtful there's a drama during 2011 with a more epic vision than Game of Thrones. Adapted from George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire, this introduces the world of Westeros, where several families vie for the control of the kingdom's Iron Throne, a supernatural force threatens to breach a 700 foot wall that protects the realm, and a wronged family plots revenge in exile. Contributing to the scale is the huge cast, which includes Sean Bean, Mark Addy, Lena Headey, Peter Dinklage, Julian Glover, Joseph Mawle and Alfie Allen.

I have the first book on my kindle but not read it yet. Started first couple chapters but couldnt really get into that but tbh could have more to do with the fact its my first book on the kindle.

Should I continue on and read book before tv series or wait until the tv show. Decisions

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed it, but it's made me wish I had read the books as I'm confused about a couple of things.

What the hell are the White Walkers and how come there was only a single mention of them after that brilliant opening sequence? I'm more interested about them than anything else that followed afterwards.

Was that the Queen shagging her brother at the end? Or have I got that badly mixed up :blink:

Edited by cityfan

I enjoyed it, but it's made me wish I had read the books as I'm confused about a couple of things.

What the hell are the White Walkers and how come there was only a single mention of them after that brilliant opening sequence? I'm more interested about them than anything else that followed afterwards.

Was that the Queen shagging her brother at the end? Or have I got that badly mixed up :blink:

Yes it was (Twin brother). The White walkers come into the story a lot later i.e. several books later. The story isn't so much about the supernatural as much the kingdom.

Have I ever told you that I love you cityfan? :wub:

Quite enjoyed this from the first episode. My only guess to why the white walkers were only seen at the start and might not for the rest for a while insinuates to me that they are having a darkseid-esque(superman reference) affect on the kingdoms. In the sense that now they have emerged, everyones darker sides are starting to show hence them all wanting a piece of the throne for themselves.