Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Everyone one Robert touches, Ned, Rickon, Catlyn and Robb are now dead.

He asks Bran to show him his muscles, he is now a cripple.

He asks Arya her name she is now "no one".

Jon is hidden from Robert by the bodies of the Stark family. 

Either a coincidence of the biggest easter-egg in the show. 

He also says 'you're a pretty one' to Sansa, is she going to get ugly?

20 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

I was surprised that more of the characters that went beyond the wall didn't get killed off. I can't see many of them having much more part to play.

I thought this too, partly because of idiot spoilers on this thread a few weeks ago - we were warned that not many would make it back, but also because it seemed a good time for Beric and Thoros' arcs to come to a conclusion, sacrificing themselves to allow the others to escape.  Instead, Thoros was killed simply to line Beric up for a final, proper death at some point in the future.  A dragon was killed so we could get the inevitable ice dragon, and a bunch of extras were killed off Star Trek-style.

I didn't think Tormund would die because without him there's no face to the Wildlings, but I was still pretty worried for a couple of minutes when it looked like I might have been wrong.  Jorah could've gone, but always thought he was more likely to die directly to save Dany.  The Hound has got to meet his brother at some point so he wasn't going to be killed.  I did wonder if Gendry might have died though.  We might have assumed he's been brought back to serve a further purpose, so it would have been quite Game of Thrones-y to abruptly cut that off.  Jon was obviously going to survive.

So yeah, I thought definitely Beric, Thoros and possibly Gendry were for it.  I think we can assume all those who survived are going to have either a major part to play in the rest of the show, or at least suffer noteworthy deaths.  Otherwise, they would have died on that rock.

Let's not forget Uncle Benjen though.  His appearance served a dual purpose - to give a very convenient method of escape to Jon (as he did for Bran), and also to tie up that particular loose end.  We've seen the last of him now.

He also says 'you're a pretty one' to Sansa, is she going to get ugly?

Perhaps Ayra tries to cut off her face and disfigures her?

Like Tormund and the Wildlings, I'd say further south that Greyworm is pretty much untouchable unless all of the Unsullied are wiped out too. Still suspect Daario might turn up at some point though.

Surely Littlefinger will get killed off in the finale. His role has been sidelined a bit anyway since the show veered away from plotting and politics down a more frequent action route. He is a smug c**t and seeing him killed off would be pleasing.

Surely Littlefinger will get killed off in the finale. His role has been sidelined a bit anyway since the show veered away from plotting and politics down a more frequent action route. He is a smug c**t and seeing him killed off would be pleasing.

Maybe littlefinger is already dead and Arya is using his face ????

c1f37149d8dc1dd03d84b657d7120b94.jpg

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

This.

Most detestable character in the show and can't wait till his schemes catch up with him. Don't know why Bran hasn't grassed him up to Sansa or Arya yet unless his vision thing marks him as important.

This.
Most detestable character in the show and can't wait till his schemes catch up with him. Don't know why Bran hasn't grassed him up to Sansa or Arya yet unless his vision thing marks him as important.

On a more superficial level, he's the emotional counterpoint to Samwell.

This.

He's too busy commanding the Army of the Dead and playing with his new dragon....

This.

Littlefinger is far less detestable than almost all of the born with a silver spoon, high nobility wankers on Westeros. It would be a shan turn in the writing if after successfully goading the adult Starks into a war, he somehow fell victim to any of the three children. Arya for example is a mini Ned and so should be easy enough for him to handle, faces or no faces. Sansa is a political featherweight. But they'll probably just don their plot armour and make it to the final series instead.

41 minutes ago, virginton said:

Littlefinger is far less detestable than almost all of the born with a silver spoon, high nobility wankers on Westeros. It would be a shan turn in the writing if after successfully goading the adult Starks into a war, he somehow fell victim to any of the three children. Arya for example is a mini Ned and so should be easy enough for him to handle, faces or no faces. Sansa is a political featherweight. But they'll probably just don their plot armour and make it to the final series instead.

Littlefinger is, by quite some distance, the most irritating, annoying p***k on the entire programme.

Littlefinger is detestable, but he's supposed to be.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see him stabbed in the ballbag as much as the next person, but not because "look everyone, you all wanted Littlefinger stabbed in the ballbag, and now Arya has done it!!" fans service that they are increasingly straying towards.

He'll get his jotters, but I just hope it's done properly.

Littlefinger is detestable, but he's supposed to be.  Don't get me wrong, I want to see him stabbed in the ballbag as much as the next person, but not because "look everyone, you all wanted Littlefinger stabbed in the ballbag, and now Arya has done it!!" fans service that they are increasingly straying towards.
He'll get his jotters, but I just hope it's done properly.

You're sitting there... imagining that... with a *big* smile on your face... ye dorty fecker
873b0a198ec7df763a9c82a38267a5a6.jpg

Just caught up. Eastwatch was good but nearly put me off with Jaime somehow escaping the battlefield, the jetpacking and Cersei being pregnant? Nah, she won't be.

Episode 6 was fucking outstanding, how many character deaths for the finale then???