Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

13 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, when the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves, when your womb quickens again and you bear a living child, then he will return, and not before."

ooh ser Jorah gets out the friend zone and pops one in Danny.

My hunch is the Night King is waiting for the seas to freeze near East Watch. I kind of think it has twice been foreshadowed, Hardhome and last episode. They big up they can walk on ice but not water. 

The other possibility already foreshadowed was Bran's mark but that was pretty much dumped as soon as it happened. 

18 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I honestly didn't pick up that some of the weapons were dragon glass. They certainly didn't make a big thing of it. Makes sense though. I blame sleep depravation on my part. I went outside yesterday and saw a big sea gull and thought it was a dragon. I need halp and a wee break from this show.

They could have extended the episode by 10 minutes of dialogue to link certain parts, for example including a conversation between the party about bringing the dragon glass and showing the passing of a few nights and days with them stranded on the island.

Cersei mentioned in an earlier episode that there were around 1000 miles between King's Landing and Winterfell so it would take several days for the message to reach Danaerys at Dragonstone.  It wouldn't have taken (or cost) much to have quickly shown a few day/night scenes to give the impression that time was passing.

I watched the behind the scenes video on YouTube and it honestly amazed me how much goes into filming and producing the scenes.

10 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Don't think the wall is coming down despite what some people are saying here. The Ice dragon is going to breath frost rather than flame IMO.

10 hours ago, dorlomin said:

My hunch is the Night King is waiting for the seas to freeze near East Watch. I kind of think it has twice been foreshadowed, Hardhome and last episode. They big up they can walk on ice but not water. 

The other possibility already foreshadowed was Bran's mark but that was pretty much dumped as soon as it happened. 

Well there you are then.  The Night King will use Viserion's frosty breath to freeze the sea at Eastwatch.

2 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Wargimg doesn't make the "victim" look like the person who has warged. None of the ravens had Brans face either.

Hodor did the white eye thing when he was being warged. The whole Bran\Night king thing is a bit of a fan theory getting the basics wrong. Bran and the Night King are not the same person, Bran is not being warged by the Night King. 

55 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Hodor did the white eye thing when he was being warged. The whole Bran\Night king thing is a bit of a fan theory getting the basics wrong. Bran and the Night King are not the same person, Bran is not being warged by the Night King. 

Not agreeing with the theory, but i think it is that the Night King was warged by Bran, not the other way around.

Everyone one Robert touches, Ned, Rickon, Catlyn and Robb are now dead.

He asks Bran to show him his muscles, he is now a cripple.

He asks Arya her name she is now "no one".

Jon is hidden from Robert by the bodies of the Stark family. 

Either a coincidence of the biggest easter-egg in the show. 

They could have extended the episode by 10 minutes of dialogue to link certain parts, for example including a conversation between the party about bringing the dragon glass and showing the passing of a few nights and days with them stranded on the island.

Cersei mentioned in an earlier episode that there were around 1000 miles between King's Landing and Winterfell so it would take several days for the message to reach Danaerys at Dragonstone.  It wouldn't have taken (or cost) much to have quickly shown a few day/night scenes to give the impression that time was passing.

I watched the behind the scenes video on YouTube and it honestly amazed me how much goes into filming and producing the scenes.

Its getting dark by the time they get stranded on the island. The next time you seem them it is light and some of them have been sleeping. The water also freezes over again. I seen somewhere on Facebook that it was estimated it would take around 2 and half to 3 days for the raven to reach Dragonstone then for Danny to fly to the North.

Most of the other time jumps have bothered me more than that one. It is a shame they've had to accelerate the conclusion of the series but I think that four of the main cast are now getting £2 million per episode plus the CGI budget will be much higher.

I don't think Its as good as early seasons due how quick it is passing now but it's still a great show. It is getting more predictable but I would rather have that and a satisfying conclusion to the story rather than keep killing off the main characters.

I was surprised that more of the characters that went beyond the wall didn't get killed off. I can't see many of them having much more part to play. Theon was at Dragonstone when they were setting off no surprise to see him nowhere near the group going north.