Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Re watching it.

Why did Jon go of killing more wights when he could have just fucked off on the dragon? And how can the Knight king influence dragon fire?

He was thinking about what Beric said, kill the Night King, end the war. He was most likely gonna try and fight him.

13 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

I was pishing it at the Hound/walker rock sequence. That walker was was taking no shit from him. Tremendous.

Yeah that was brilliant, in my head i pictured the walker saying "Now you fucked up" when it became obvious they could cross the lake

1 hour ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You say that, but Daenerys was able to survive, even on the back of a dragon when she really wasn't dressed for that kinda weather. Maybe you are right, maybe the whole "Being a dragon" thing they go on about is a outright immunity to the elements and perhaps Jon's is diminished because he isnt a full blood Targaryen

Even if the water didn't kill him in seconds(which it would have, no bother) he would have died on the trip back, His clothes were literally frozen stiff on him and simply peeling them off and a wee kip in bed and hes fine. To be fair though, you kinda gotta suspend belief in a fantasy story with Dragon's, the undead, people coming back from the dead, stone people and people immune to fire

I think suspending disbelief is fair enough up to a point, but the show has to keep to some sort of internal logic. Especially as in the early seasons, characters would point out that Westeros was massive and it took them a while to get places.

There must be a happy medium between the glacial pace of the later books, and people teleporting around the place in this series. I think it detracts from the drama a bit. 

Did Mary Maz Durr (cannae be bothered googling how to spell her name) not end the chance of her having kids as part of saving Drogo and then basically having him return in a near comatose state? Then she got burned alive in the pyre that the three dragons hatched from and her life was part of the sacrifice that made that possible.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Did Mary Maz Durr (cannae be bothered googling how to spell her name) not end the chance of her having kids as part of saving Drogo and then basically having him return in a near comatose state? Then she got burned alive in the pyre that the three dragons hatched from and her life was part of the sacrifice that made that possible.

So she said, maybe Mel can help.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I thought the child's life was exchanged to keep drogo barely alive, i don't remember any mention of it affecting her ability to have children.

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I thought the child's life was exchanged to keep drogo barely alive, i don't remember any mention of it affecting her ability to have children.

I'm sure there was something like she will have children again "When the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East."

Just now, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I'm sure there was something like she will have children again "When the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East."

I remember her saying that yeah, but that might just be her unwillingness at the time to put herself through that again. Her ability to actually have them may be intact.

21 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Still pretty enjoyable but it's getting less house of cards and more lord of the rings.

I was always more into the politics than the action.

Gotta disagree, i always seen it as more like a game of chess, the pieces moving, small exchanges here and there until all the pieces are in place then you make your play. The past 6 series have been the small moves building up to this.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

10 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Much as I hate to add to the "how could that actually happen" list, where did the dead army get 4 big fuckoff iron chains from at short notice. Surely they don't cart them around with them just in case they have to fish something big and heavy out of a loch?

They could have gone too Hardhome Base or Beyond the Wallmart....... 8)

Were the giants/mammoths not carrying massive chains a few seasons ago? Pretty sure we seen them during the attack on the wall.

Edit: One of Brans visions showed the wight walkers in that exact spot previously. Wouldn't be surprised if the Night King somehow knew what was going to happen so had the spears and chains ready to take down and drag up a dragon.

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

I think I'm talking bollocks, don't think Targaryen blood makes you resistant to the cold. I just thought it was wacky how long Jon survived sinking into an arctic lake.

It's got to be something to with him having already died surely!!!
If he's already dead surely it's got to take something pretty significant to put his lights out for good!!!
Beric has usually been stabbed or had bits cut off if him before Thoros had to bring him back again!!!

28 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Gotta disagree, i always seen it as more like a game of chess, the pieces moving, small exchanges here and there until all the pieces are in place then you make your play. The past 6 series have been the small moves building up to this.

Im not sure what you think you are disagreeing with.