Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why did Benjen not just get on the horse with Jon?

He's already some sort of zombie and can't go south of the wall, so maybe didn't want to slow Jon down as he knew something about the importance of his future role? Sadly I suspect there will be no deeper explanation provided unless it happens in the book as well, which is no sure thing. The bigger issues for me are the credibility of the raven to Dragonstone and dragons to the rescue timeline and why the whitewalker would take out a smaller dragon rather than the bigger one with the rider on it. Getting a wee bit convenient for a series that gained much of its appeal by not being formulaic.

The biggest criticism, imo, was Bronn and Tormund surviving as their deaths would've caused the audience bigger emotional turmoil without necessarily sacrificing any character's arcs. Bronn especially as his alliance with the Lannisters and their debts leading to his undoing would've been great. Not that fussed though as they're both brilliant in every scene they're in.

5 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I noticed that aswell, it seemed to be more than a "holy shit, his scar's, they weren't lying" .

You're probably right. Think I interpreted it the wrong way.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

That never occurred to me tbf.

I think I'm talking bollocks, don't think Targaryen blood makes you resistant to the cold. I just thought it was wacky how long Jon survived sinking into an arctic lake.

The bigger issues for me are the credibility of the raven to Dragonstone and dragons to the rescue timeline and why the whitewalker would take out a smaller dragon rather than the bigger one with the rider on it. Getting a wee bit convenient for a series that gained much of its appeal by not being formulaic.

The timeline for Gendry run, crow flight and dragon rescue was ridiculous. The bit where Jon kills a walker and all but one of the dead disintegrate too was convenient as f**k.

Not sure why they bothered with Jon falling in the lake either, his resurfacing was almost as predictable as the ice dragon.

I took the daenerys reaction to seeing Jon as surprise at seeing confirmation to the knife wound on his heart. As up to then it had been played down as exaggeration.

I think I'm talking bollocks, don't think Targaryen blood makes you resistant to the cold. I just thought it was wacky how long Jon survived sinking into an arctic lake.

Aye, with all the clothes he had on there's no danger he survives that, even if he was prepared for it the chances of resurfacing are ridiculous, sadly it wasn't surprising.

1 hour ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

You say that, but Daenerys was able to survive, even on the back of a dragon when she really wasn't dressed for that kinda weather. Maybe you are right, maybe the whole "Being a dragon" thing they go on about is a outright immunity to the elements and perhaps Jon's is diminished because he isnt a full blood Targaryen

Even if the water didn't kill him in seconds(which it would have, no bother) he would have died on the trip back, His clothes were literally frozen stiff on him and simply peeling them off and a wee kip in bed and hes fine. To be fair though, you kinda gotta suspend belief in a fantasy story with Dragon's, the undead, people coming back from the dead, stone people and people immune to fire

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

Ok, help out a blind P&Ber -who else died on the rock, other than Thoros?  I couldn't make out who it was that fell off the rock into a group of wights, and I'm too lazy* to rewind to the start of the show and watch who was all in the wee group.

*Lazy, but honest, at least.

Nameless extras who i wasn't even aware were on the expedition. Thoros was the only character of note

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Ok, help out a blind P&Ber -who else died on the rock, other than Thoros?  I couldn't make out who it was that fell off the rock into a group of wights, and I'm too lazy* to rewind to the start of the show and watch who was all in the wee group.

*Lazy, but honest, at least.

Extra #3

Basically the game of thrones equivalent to a star trek character with a red jumper

3 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Nameless extras who i wasn't even aware were on the expedition. Thoros was the only character of note

2 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Extra #3

Basically the game of thrones equivalent to a star trek character with a red jumper

Thank you, that would explain why I couldn't make the person out.

They weren't even shown at the end of the previous episode leaving Eastwatch and walking into the blizzard with Jon and his pals.

And was there not two polar bears shown in the episode but only one of them could be arsed to fight the group

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, with all the clothes he had on there's no danger he survives that, even if he was prepared for it the chances of resurfacing are ridiculous, sadly it wasn't surprising.

14 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

You say that, but Daenerys was able to survive, even on the back of a dragon when she really wasn't dressed for that kinda weather. Maybe you are right, maybe the whole "Being a dragon" thing they go on about is a outright immunity to the elements and perhaps Jon's is diminished because he isnt a full blood Targaryen

Even if the water didn't kill him in seconds(which it would have, no bother) he would have died on the trip back, His clothes were literally frozen stiff on him and simply peeling them off and a wee kip in bed and hes fine. To be fair though, you kinda gotta suspend belief in a fantasy story with Dragon's, the undead, people coming back from the dead, stone people and people immune to fire

I suspect logic is taking a back seat at this point in the show tbh. Jaime fell in a lake fully armoured and managed to stroll back to Kings Landing unscathed, that didn't really make sense either.

Will Viserion be the equivalent of a White Walker, as opposed to a Wight because the Night King personally raised/turned him?

I'd assume so. The bog standard wights are presumably just wildlings/night's watch folk who died north of the wall and came back to life. Actually white walkers are the ones with the funky blue eyes