Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

As other have said, it was pretty predictable. The whole 'capture the white walker' idea was clearly thought up just to give Daenerys a reason to go north. I thought it felt cheap that after Gendry runs to wall, sends a raven hundreds of miles to have Daenerys travel back hundreds of miles, she manages to swoop in and save the day at the last minute. If the group hadn't found that frozen lake with a rock placed in the middle they would have been surrounded and dead within minutes.

Still enjoyed it, especially seeing the likes of Sandor and Dondarrion fighting against white walkers. Gendry must play a bigger part though at some point surely, they can't have brought him back to have one fight scene. Took me a bit to realise that Jon didn't die of hypothermia because of his Targaryen blood, Daenerys seemed to suspect something as well when they stripped him.

15 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

I thought it felt cheap that after Gendry runs to wall, sends a raven hundreds of miles to have Daenerys travel back hundreds of miles, she manages to swoop in and save the day at the last minute. If the group hadn't found that frozen lake with a rock placed in the middle they would have been surrounded and dead within minutes.

Narrative wise they could have slowed it down and shown them starving on the island for a week, while Gendry runs and run, then waiting for the crow to arrive. Interlace it with other stories' it would have been a good slow tension building exercise. 

But they seem to have cut too much time out, apparently is $2 million per episode for something like the 4 best paid actors, so they have cut the number of episodes so have less time to work the story into. 

48 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

As other have said, it was pretty predictable. The whole 'capture the white walker' idea was clearly thought up just to give Daenerys a reason to go north. I thought it felt cheap that after Gendry runs to wall, sends a raven hundreds of miles to have Daenerys travel back hundreds of miles, she manages to swoop in and save the day at the last minute. If the group hadn't found that frozen lake with a rock placed in the middle they would have been surrounded and dead within minutes.

Still enjoyed it, especially seeing the likes of Sandor and Dondarrion fighting against white walkers. Gendry must play a bigger part though at some point surely, they can't have brought him back to have one fight scene. Took me a bit to realise that Jon didn't die of hypothermia because of his Targaryen blood, Daenerys seemed to suspect something as well when they stripped him.

I noticed that aswell, it seemed to be more than a "holy shit, his scar's, they weren't lying" When she pulled her hand away from his it (to me) felt like more than a "we shouldn't" kinda thing, it felt like she sensed something, like a general unease. They say people can have a 6th sense about certain thing's and i wonder if that was hers warning her he's related to him. 

As others have said i agree this episode was rather predictable, not that it took away from my enjoyment nonetheless. I suspect the writers are lulling us into a false sense of security though and the finale will be anything but predictable. I mean last season Battle of the b*****ds was again excellent but predictable then the finale had scenes that not many of us predicted would or could have happened. 

35 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

Narrative wise they could have slowed it down and shown them starving on the island for a week, while Gendry runs and run, then waiting for the crow to arrive. Interlace it with other stories' it would have been a good slow tension building exercise. 

But they seem to have cut too much time out, apparently is $2 million per episode for something like the 4 best paid actors, so they have cut the number of episodes so have less time to work the story into. 

Agree with this, out of curiousity i googled some information about the flight range/speed of pigeons and they have been recorded hitting speeds between 40-60 mph, if we say Raven's are at the top of that scale and the distance between The Wall and Dragonstone is roughly over a 1000 miles(1200-1500 roughly looking at a map of Westeros), even if the Raven flew directly there without ever stopping and was at full speed the entire time, it would have still taken a minimum of 24 hours to get there, but realistically we are talking 2-3 days, then with travel time for the dragon's we are talking about 4 days minimum they would have been stuck on that little rock waiting for her.

I know that its just a story but it does feel the writers are taking the piss a little with that aspect of the story.

Why did Benjen not just get on the horse with Jon?

Did he not say to Bran when they met that he can't cross the wall because he's part wight or something? The magic in the wall won't let him through

Although yeah, he could've at least went some of the way with him rather than die. A bit like the Blackfish's needless resta

. Took me a bit to realise that Jon didn't die of hypothermia because of his Targaryen blood, Daenerys seemed to suspect something as well when they stripped him.

That never occurred to me tbf.
I noticed that aswell, it seemed to be more than a "holy shit, his scar's, they weren't lying" When she pulled her hand away from his it (to me) felt like more than a "we shouldn't" kinda thing, it felt like she sensed something, like a general unease. They say people can have a 6th sense about certain thing's and i wonder if that was hers warning her he's related to him. 

Nah bollocks, Targaryens think that incest is alright, she would of spent the majority of her life thinking she was going to be married to her brother. She'd have no qualms with jumping on the dick.

The new trailer seems to confirm that #Clegenbowl is happening next week, can't wait.

3 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I don't get why Sansa doesn't ask Bran for daily updates on how Jon is getting on. He can see all of space and time, and yet no-one ever asks him what's happening?

Probably because he's a fucking weirdo and would rather tell her about how she looked when she got raped than how her family are getting on.

3 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

It maybe had something to do with not particularly being in the mood for sex while mourning the death of one of her children?

I thought Sansa didn't trust Littlefinger?

I don't think she does

I think she's playing him. The question is does he know she's playing him and therefore playing her by not telling her he knows. If he is then I doubt she knows he knows she's playing her so she's being played.

I'd just stick to dragons and zombies.