Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yeah it was so subtle everyone so far had mentioned it.

The show is an absolute masterclass in flagging up what is going on in a way that makes the observer think they have worked it out themselves.

Daenerys' will implode when she finds out, the only reason she started all this was because she thought the throne was her birthright. I reckon Jon will want to stop it going public as he considers himself a Stark and Ned his dad, but the bombshell will convince Daenerys to marriage which will unite the kingdoms.

There was a wee moment between Jorah and Dany as they were saying goodbye that sort've gave the impression they weren't going to see each other again. Dunno if it was just shot that that way to throw us off but there was definitely something ominous in that farewell.

Having a "heated debate" with the missus on the likelihood that the Night King gets a dragon. I reckon that it's a narrative certainty. The missus reckons I'm havering pish.

2 hours ago, BradHorse said:

There was a wee moment between Jorah and Dany as they were saying goodbye that sort've gave the impression they weren't going to see each other again. Dunno if it was just shot that that way to throw us off but there was definitely something ominous in that farewell.

Jorah is probably going to die, but to be satisfying it really has to be more obviously giving his life for Dany than dying out in the wastes.

No idea why anyone would want a pointless mope like Sansa to prevail over Littlefinger. The show should end with just him, Tyrion and Varys scrambling for the Iron Throne, with all the gormless, highborn 'birthright' claims taken out in the war with the Night's King.

Noticed that Kevin "I've appeared in fucking everything" Eldon was one of the guards who got murked by Gendry.

A point outside of the plot discussion, how good is Dany's theme? Genuinely immense music.

9 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Noticed that Kevin "I've appeared in fucking everything" Eldon was one of the guards who got murked by Gendry.

A point outside of the plot discussion, how good is Dany's theme? Genuinely immense music.

Including as a different character last season. :lol:

6 hours ago, MSU said:

Having a "heated debate" with the missus on the likelihood that the Night King gets a dragon. I reckon that it's a narrative certainty. The missus reckons I'm havering pish.

Jorah is probably going to die, but to be satisfying it really has to be more obviously giving his life for Dany than dying out in the wastes.

One of the side stories written by GRRM is about an ice dragon. I think you'll be rubbing your wife's face in her folly in no time.

8 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Was there any mention of what happened to Yara? I imagine she's being held somewhere , I would have thought some form of grim death would have been her fate.

Don't see why Theon's still kicking around if it is not to rescue her from Euron at some point and do something significant in the wider story after that. Doubt there's time for them to deal with that during this series though. Wonder if Yara will get the treament one of Euron's brothers got in the books. Won't elaborate in case it turns out to be a spoiler.

8 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Was there any mention of what happened to Yara? I imagine she's being held somewhere , I would have thought some form of grim death would have been her fate.

Euron is the type that will play with his food before he eats it. I think Theon will at least have an attempt at saving Yara before she pops her clogs.