Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

55 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Wouldn't a lot of the gold still have been at the place of battle? I thought it was in the line of wagons that got toasted.

I've always liked Bronn but really was hoping to see him killed when he was on that crossbow.Just has the odd moment now anyway.

No, there's a lovely bit of exposition where Randyll Tarly confirms it all got through the KL gates just before shit gets real. All that got crisped was the food stock wagons.

Trailer for the next episode doesn't give much away.

Who's army is that at the start? They're not dressed like Lannisters.

Shows Tyrion looking pretty conflicted and drinking while Varys also seems unimpressed.

Dragon seems pissed at Jon, maybe he's about to ride it? It's revealed he's been in contact with Bran, maybe Bran revealed his parents?

Doesn't really give much away though, looking forward to it

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Shows Tyrion looking pretty conflicted and drinking while Varys also seems unimpressed.

Dragon seems pissed at Jon, maybe he's about to ride it? It's revealed he's been in contact with Bran, maybe Bran revealed his parents?

I'm not watching the trailer as I don't want to spoil things, but my guess would be the Golden Company?  Cersei is hiring them and, from what I've read, they're 10,000 strong.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

I'm not watching the trailer as I don't want to spoil things, but my guess would be the Golden Company?  Cersei is hiring them and, from what I've read, they're 10,000 strong.

It's the defeated Tarly/Lannister army.  

You would think that Dany might learn a valuable lesson and have a few dragon chestplates and do on knocked up.

RE Jaime's redemption arc.. I think he'll end one of three ways.

- kill Cersei and burn the palace down.

- turn completely then get killed being the one that stabs the Night King.

- Turn completely, survive everything and eventually take the black. Series ends with him up on the wall. Someone asks him how someone like him can live there. He makes a crack about a Lannister always paying his debts ho-ho-ho

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Just managed to watch this now. That was unreal. The dragons roar sent shivers down my spine. You could see the raw fear on jamies face when it roared. Absolute carnage.

even before the dragon you could see the fear on his face when he could hear the horsemen coming,thought that scene was outstanding.really enjoyed the battle scene in this episode,thought BOTB was overrated pish,personally

On Jon and Dany, if I found out she was my aunt, I'd still pump her.

I hope he does, and they play it like the scene in Secret of my Success, where Michael J Fox's aunt is trying to get Round 2 on his boaby, and his uncle is trying to pump Helen Slater.

Tyrion could also be running about the castle chasing some serving wenches.

All to Yello's Oh Yeah.

8 minutes ago, milton75 said:

You would think that Dany might learn a valuable lesson and have a few dragon chestplates and do on knocked up.

RE Jaime's redemption arc.. I think he'll end one of three ways.

- kill Cersei and burn the palace down.

- turn completely then get killed being the one that stabs the Night King.

- Turn completely, survive everything and eventually take the black. Series ends with him up on the wall. Someone asks him how someone like him can live there. He makes a crack about a Lannister always paying his debts ho-ho-ho

Last two would be pretty good imo

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The Hound v The Mountain surely??

Maybe he gets in tow with Aryas plan to kill Cersei and agrees to deal with his brother? Want to see more of the Mountain too. Liked it when he was smashing faith militant up for fun

Possibly, just can't see how he'll face the Mountain considering where he is heading just now. Unless Jon Snow saves him and they head back to Winterfell together? He can't not meet Arya again, surely.

1 hour ago, milton75 said:

On Jon and Dany, if I found out she was my aunt, I'd still pump her.

I hope he does, and they play it like the scene in Secret of my Success, where Michael J Fox's aunt is trying to get Round 2 on his boaby, and his uncle is trying to pump Helen Slater.

Tyrion could also be running about the castle chasing some serving wenches.

All to Yello's Oh Yeah.

Should put it to the script team, they'd probably run with it.

I reckon Jaime will end up with Dany once he finally turns against Cersei. I was trying to think of suitable fellas for Dany that are still around and he is pretty much the only one other than Jon that kinda fits the bill.....thats all assuming he actually turns on Cersei of course. Lannister/Targaryen power couple and I'm sure Tyrion would put Inn a good word for him.

23 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

In other words, it's a wee bit predictable now. I agree.

The cave stuff in the last episode and the Oldtown scenes this season have annoyed me just as much as Kiddy has on this thread for the last 5 years. That is, a lot.

22 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

That's the only problem I think with the show now. It was great in the first few seasons when anyone could've died and it could happen at any moment. Now that everything is being set up for a final showdown characters aren't expendable and the show loses a bit of those tense moments when you weren't sure if he or she was going to survive.

Even the death of Jon didn't have that great a impact on me. For the first couple of moments I was a bit shocked then really confused. The writers had basically ended the White Walkers storyline as no one can fight them so everyone will probably die. It was a big moment in the show but after a month or two everyone had pretty much figured out that Melisandre was going to bring him back.

I think if the writers were going to go for a really shocking death it would have to be Tyrion. He's the only one who isn't really essential to the main storyline. Yes he's Dany's advisor but he's not had a central plot line since he left Kings Landing. The other main characters still have roles to play apart from Tyrion.

Which is no bad thing to be fair. I'd rather have a several satisfying character arcs brought to their conclusions than shocks for the sake of shocks. Obvs they could be a bit less over the top with how fucking close Bron and Jamie are avoiding complete obliteration but that's about it. :lol: Can understand why Martin isn't finishing the books though. The buzz to round off a story that pretty much everyone has already worked out must be much less than the buzz you had initially plotting it all out and having the initial reactions to your material.

On 8/11/2017 at 01:44, Grant228 said:

It is the remains of the Lannister force, you can make out the design of their armor still, its all dirty and covered in ash and soot, unsurprising given they just survived a dragon attack.

Untitled.png

Still think Bran is going to end up warging into a dragon, thus enabling Tyrion to ride one into battle, there's no way he's a Targaryen btw!!!

Bran still owes him a favour for the saddle anyway!!!