Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Does Euron not have some sort of dragon related kit in the books? Danaerys certainly isnt going to get it all her own way and she appears unstoppable so there must be a twist coming

Book spoiler:

a dragonbinder. His story is completely different from the books though and I really don't want to see some last second magic DE-M'ing everything we've seen on tv so far so I hope they give that a swerve.

Nymeria is clearing playing a big part at some point this season. She's either going to sacrifice herself to save Arya, or just save Arya in some other way. There's no way she's being brought back just for that very brief scene.

I thought the first couple of minutes in the opening scene felt very wooden, but things improved immeasurably thereafter. I'm glad they addressed Varys trying to kill Dany in season one, although I'm sure they could've had that conversation on the boat over from Meereen, a journey which would have taken weeks to make! Sansa having real power should be scenes and I'm excited to see what happens with that, especially with Bran and Arya on their way.

Jon and Dany FINALLY meeting next week. Seven seasons and 5 books in the making. 

Edited by Kyle

One question that's bugging me a wee bit. Who helped Arya at The Twins in the first episode? She didn't serve the wine herself, who did that for her?

Good solid episode that one. Loved the innovative gangplank that Euron and his troops used. Hated the line about having a kiss for your uncle.

Sansa and Baelish in charge of Winterfell isn't going to end well I fear.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

...Jon and Dany FINALLY meeting next week. Seven seasons and 5 books in the making. 

Hopefully it will be worth the wait after all the seemingly endless and at times monotonous filler content amongst the Dothraki and in Mereen etc. This could easily have been a trilogy as was originally planned but somebody wanted to cash in big time.

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

One question that's bugging me a wee bit. Who helped Arya at The Twins in the first episode? She didn't serve the wine herself, who did that for her?

Good solid episode that one. Loved the innovative gangplank that Euron and his troops used. Hated the line about having a kiss for your uncle.

Sansa and Baelish in charge of Winterfell isn't going to end well I fear.

Looked like random cup bearers to me who had no idea of what was going on. One girl looked shocked as all around her tumbled.

Agree with the general point that Euron is much more like I'd expect so far. He's got an easy charisma about him and he's clearly unhinged.Also good to be shot of at least 2 of the sandsnakes. I think only Ellaria and bad pussy survived?

Euron was badass this episode, his axe was pretty fucking cool. Very pleasing to see him kill the sandsnakes with their own weapons. Disappointed to see Theon revert to being a little bitch again though.

Sam cutting off Jorah's skin had me cringing.