Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

13 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Wilko Johnson was in a band called Dr Feelgood who were quite famous in the 70s. He was around at the time when "punk" music was becoming popular and he's thought of as a big influence on that type of music being so well known.

He also played Ilyn Payne the executioner in the first couple of seasons. Think he's got cancer now which is why he's not been back in it.

He's beaten the cancer.

10 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I'm sure the writers cut his role as he was basically told he was terminal and had weeks/months left. He's since been given the all clear.

I quite enjoyed him silently taking the piss out of Jaime in the books.  Bronn kind of filled in for him in the series.

21 hours ago, The OP said:

In fame terms you're comparing Jesus of Nazareth and Saint Polycarp of Smyrna. 

Don't remember anybody in Nazareth being called Jesus. That would have been a bit unusual in Dunfermline. If I was going to complain about that last episode it's that they have gone from the gritty realism of how bad Medieval feudalism was in the first few series to scenes that just don't ring true in any way. A wee lassie can really convince dozens of family members that Walder Frey is acting normally and then escape the castle unscathed in the aftermath of the mass poisoning because nobody was on guard and then after pretending to be a boy in the earlier series for safety reasons she can now openly ride a horse and not think twice about approaching a group of soldiers the way she did? All getting a bit lame now, but I am looking forward to finding out what really happened in the upcoming books. Moving past the original source material is not a good thing, unfortunately, as now they are giving the fans what they want to see in a typical Holywood sort of way rather than what drew people to the show in the first place.

Yeah I'm going with it and willingly suspending my disbelief as far as possible but I dislike the whole Faceless Men thing. Seems a bit too easy to just assume the precise appearance, mannerisms and voice of another character because you cut off their face. I do think GRRM would've gone down the same road with Arya however as he enjoyed a nice inexplicable shadow-baby plot resolver in A Clash of Kings. 

One slight thing that annoyed me (and I'll need to watch S6 again to check) but I don't remember Euron being quite so camp emo Euro-rock last year.

Edited by Spain

4 minutes ago, Spain said:

One slight thing that annoyed me (and I'll need to watch S6 again to check) but I don't remember Euron being quite so camp emo Euro-rock last year.

Show Euron is just a massive crushing disappointment compared to book Euron.

It's hardly a reason to stop watching one of the best TV shows going around right now.

You could say that most of the actors that have a role are never off the radio or tele when the new series is starting.

I've got Lichtie on ignore but can see his post because you quoted it and that's the first time I've ever seen him not talk utter pish in my life.

I've got Lichtie on ignore but can see his post because you quoted it and that's the first time I've ever seen him not talk utter pish in my life.

Don't worry m8

We've both got 4 games against Arbroath this season so I'm sure he'll pop up again at some point.

Shame you've muted him tho but I understand as an Airdrie fan you'll have much bigger worries ahead of the new season.

I think I know what Euron's present for Cersie will be, but I don't want to trumpet it.

I've had a few ideas myself but after seeing the trailer for the new episode it's been narrowed down to two possibilities for me.

Not saying anything until I've seen it though.

In the books there's a dragon horn that apparently gives the user the ability to control them, the downside is that it burns your lungs inside out and kills you essentially. There's also Victarian in the books, his brother I think, who's on his way to see Dany and has a red priest with him.
I'd expect that whatever GRRM has in store in the books, we're seeing Euron play a consolidated figure in the show.

The problem I see if they bring the horn into it now is that there has been no mention of it in any way.

I think he'll bring Cersei either Tyrion or the heed sandsnake, forgot her name. Oberyn's wee slice.