Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

31 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's been blown way out or proportion. Nobody batted an eyelid when Wilko was in.

Not on here perhaps but other people need to simmer the f**k down and stop being so precious.

In fame terms you're comparing Jesus of Nazareth and Saint Polycarp of Smyrna. 

I was reading that next series although short in number of episodes, is actually going to be longer than any of the series before because each of the 6 episodes will be 1.5-2 hrs. Similarly the last one of this series is supposedly 82 mins long (excluding ad breaks). It's not necessarily going to be the mad rush of killing folk off and tying up the storylines people think.

Also, re: the Sheeran scene. It annoyed me too, but I don't think he was even the worst actor in that scene. The big tall guy who's wife had just had his kid was equally out of place. I'm not convinced it's changed Arya's mind about Cersei at all though, I think it's just highlighted to her a similar point that Jon was making towards Sansa - these guys are just soldiers and shouldn't be held accountable for how evil their lords are/were - similar to the argument he made about the remaining Karstark and Umber kids.

Watched this and loved it up until season 3 or 4 but completely fell out of it. Did plan to go back and watch it but the news of the cameo appearance has genuinely put me right off, what a completely unnecessary thing to do.

You're probably better just drinking from puddles to be honest.

9 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I wasn't a fan of the Sheeran scene, not because he was in it but because it wasn't needed. If a normal actor played his part I'd feel exactly the same way. 

Saying that, the scene took absolutely nothing away from the episode as a whole. I thought it was a brilliant first episode back and moved stuff along nicely. 

How can you have any idea what was "needed" for the remaining storyline without seeing what plays out?

Cersei will be killed by "the mob", she'll likely find out something she doesn't like about Jamie, kill him, and be left with just The Mountain. Can see danaerys turning up outside the gate and the whole place panicking themselves into killing Cersei and just handing Kings Landing over.

10 hours ago, Christophe said:

How can you have any idea what was "needed" for the remaining storyline without seeing what plays out?

Needed was probably the wrong word, it certainly felt out of place with the pace of the rest of the episode. As I said I'm not going to let it ruin the rest of the episode for me. It is what it is.

If Wilko had been shoe-horned into a scene that involved him duck-stepping across the stage playing a guitar I think people would've been pissed off.  As it happens, he was cast as a proper character and gave a proper performance.  Nothing tacked on about him at all.

That's because nobody knows who/what the f**k Wilko is.

Wilko Johnson was in a band called Dr Feelgood who were quite famous in the 70s. He was around at the time when "punk" music was becoming popular and he's thought of as a big influence on that type of music being so well known.

He also played Ilyn Payne the executioner in the first couple of seasons. Think he's got cancer now which is why he's not been back in it.

Just now, pittsburgh phil said:

Incidentally, you'd struggle to find a dodgier looking bunch than Dr Feelgood. Great band but I wouldn't want to have met them in a dark alley etc.

Image result for dr feelgood

The look like they'd happily chop your body up and dump it in the canal if you looked at them a bit funny.

Great band though.

p01bqsfs.jpg

The look like they'd happily chop your body up and dump it in the canal if you looked at them a bit funny.
Great band though.

Wilko would chop you're head off though. That's more his style.