Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I'm almost up to date, half way through season 6.  Took me about 2 seasons to get into it due to the fantasy aspect,  I haven't even watched a LOTR.  One of the best series' I've watched though and I'll probably go back and watch the first 2 seasons again sometime soon now that I enjoy the programme.

Series 6 has been considerably worse than the others though imo, the Arya and Bran storylines have been dragging on for a long time now with not very much progress.  Even so, it's still great viewing.

1 hour ago, Kool Keith said:

Series 6 has been considerably worse than the others though imo, the Arya and Bran storylines have been dragging on for a long time now with not very much progress.  Even so, it's still great viewing.

Give it time! You'll enjoy the second half.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back on this thread, after being classed as a BW in its early days, having watched all 6 series rapid.

Was fine up until the, pretty obvious, deterioration in script with the exhaustion of the book storyline. Seems they spent the budget on CGI for the dragons & forgot about the dialogue & pretty much lost the plot.

Having allowed for the moving/removal of characters to suit adaptation. I found it hard going around series 4/5, as the story at the wall was so disjointed as to make it almost unwatchable.

Never mind the tits, they didn't even give me the horn.

13 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don't think reading the book has any bearing on Emilia Clarke's tits m8.

Emilia Clarke's tits, or anyone else's for that matter, had absolutely no bearing on the producer's adaptation failing to give me the horn.

41 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Emilia Clarke's tits, or anyone else's for that matter, had absolutely no bearing on the producer's adaptation failing to give me the horn.

So you were hoping for the storyline to give you the horn as opposed to an incredibly attractive naked female?

Odd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017/01/21 at 07:44, squidger said:

ok now i am a book w****r having waded through all the books... and wow the tv series really is an awful adaptation of the book.

They definitely seemed to home in on some of the most tedious parts of the book and in some cases such as Brienne's characer even amplify them. Overall though I think they have done a reasonable job, because otherwise GoT wouldn't have such huge ratings. Think their biggest mistakes were not including more of the complexity in the book about Dorne as that could have made the Mereen angle less boring and would have placed less emphasis on the Sand Snakes. Also think they should have stuck closer to the book with what happened to Sansa in the later seasons as the change they made in that regard didn't really make sense in terms of the overall plot.