Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Just back from Homecoming, I'd give it a 7.5/10. All the scenes with Keaton were superb and all the scenes with Peter, Tony and Happy were brilliant. 

It it was what I've come to expect from a Marvel movie these days. Good story with a good mix of action and humour. Not as good as GOTG and Winter soldier though.

7 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Just back from Homecoming, I'd give it a 7.5/10. All the scenes with Keaton were superb and all the scenes with Peter, Tony and Happy were brilliant. 

It it was what I've come to expect from a Marvel movie these days. Good story with a good mix of action and humour. Not as good as GOTG and Winter soldier though.

Makes a difference as well that the film starts with parker having his abilities as well, another film showing the spider biting him would have been too much

Is this the right place?

No idea where DC can go with the Justice League film. They've made Wonder Woman an indestructible God, so it'll be hard to find any bad guy that can have any serious threat. It'll be even worse when Superman returns to the scene.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is this the right place?

No idea where DC can go with the Justice League film. They've made Wonder Woman an indestructible God, so it'll be hard to find any bad guy that can have any serious threat. It'll be even worse when Superman returns to the scene.

Isn't Batman's dream/vision of the future (in Batman vs Superman) where they'll go?

Lex Luthor was on about a 'bell being rung' to bad guys from other planets, so this would tie in with Batman's vision,

Actually a quick Google suggests the following to be the plot;

Months after the events of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and inspired by Superman's apparent sacrifice for humanity, Bruce Wayne and Diana Prince assemble a team of meta-humans consisting of Barry Allen, Arthur Curry, and Victor Stone to face the catastrophic threat of Steppenwolf and his army of Parademons who are on the hunt for three Mother Boxes on Earth

So aye, if they don't do something then Batman's vision will come to pass.

Edited by DA Baracus

On 7/9/2017 at 11:05, G_Man1985 said:

Went to see it last night. Was decent. Least we know who the next MJ is going to be.

Hope I wasn't the only one who stayed to the very end. ....

On 7/9/2017 at 19:44, munro7 said:

Aye, the second end credits scene was quality.

On 7/9/2017 at 19:54, kilbowie2002 said:

I couldnt stay to watch it, was it a PSA?

On 7/9/2017 at 21:31, G_Man1985 said:

You need to go back n watch it again n stay right to the end. Well worth it

I stayed to the end to watch it and my patience definitely paid off

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Homecoming. Great fun, good characters and well-paced. Definitely better than their last two efforts (Doctor Strange and GotG 2). I also felt that the world building was well done; they introduced loads of different things, but they all played into the story as opposed to feeling out of place.
Gripes? I thought Michelle was just awful. Annoying, dull and was just the same joke over and over. If she's to be the new love interest, I could see myself becoming disinterested and hope she does a Gwen Stacey. The side villains didn't seem developed enough either. We'll definitely be seeing more of them, though. On the topic of them, and this isn't an annoyance, but I wonder if Donald Glover's character will show up more, especially given who is nephew is.

For those of you who like grainy footage from a hall with a load of Americans going mental and screaming about nothing, here's a leaked trailer for Infinity War. It'll no doubt be pulled down from YouTube soon enough.

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Been to the cinema in the states a few times, they fucking applaud when people come on screen etc and talk through everything as if everyone wants to hear their amazing insight. p***ks

No wonder there is mass shootings over there ffs.