Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

• 3 weeks later...

Also, Joss Whedon's taking over from Snyder for the Justice League movie. At first I thought it was just DC fucking up and going mental again, but it turns out Snyder's daughter committed suicide a couple of months ago and he just can't carry on.
Not really sure if Whedon can actually have that much of a stamp on the movie with him taking over so late, but apparently a few scenes are actually being reshot. Horrible stuff for the Snyders.

4 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Also, Joss Whedon's taking over from Snyder for the Justice League movie. At first I thought it was just DC fucking up and going mental again, but it turns out Snyder's daughter committed suicide a couple of months ago and he just can't carry on.
Not really sure if Whedon can actually have that much of a stamp on the movie with him taking over so late, but apparently a few scenes are actually being reshot. Horrible stuff for the Snyders.

Just heard, it seems they tried to finish the film but weren't able to, totally understandable. Agree its horrible

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Wonder Woman last night. The start's a bit slow and messy and the ending's ridiculous and far too laden with CGI, but the bits in between them were good fun.
Sometimes I thought it was far too preachy as well, with loads of cases that seemed manufactured to get feminists to go "f**k YEAH".
The bast part, in my opinion, was the chemistry between Chris Pine and Gal Gadot (who was great). They sexual innuendos were a bit over the top, though.

Anyone take a guess at the captain america cameo in spiderman homecoming, 

surely its at the end, either right at the end maybe accepting spiderman into the avengers, or a mid credits scene that either previews black panther or infinity wars, im guessing my first theory though

http://uproxx.com/hitfix/watchmen-tv-series-damon-lindelof-hbo/

This sounds like a match that I can totally get on board with.

I didn't think the film was that bad in fairness but I do feel like there was potential for this to be explored through a TV show. With a combination of HBO budget and anyone who has seen Lindelof's work with the Leftovers, I think this is something that could be a pretty good fit.

I've also heard that there is a Dredd TV show in the works. If I recall correctly, the 2012 film wasn't the highest budget and worked really well. Quite a lot of material from the comics so there is definitely a lot of potential for this also.

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:06, Richie95 said:

The Black Panther trailer actually looks better than I was expecting. I hope Andy Serkis, has as big a part in this movie as the trailer suggests. 

And will he end up actually becoming Klaw in this film?

• 2 weeks later...

Feels like we've had about 20 trailers for this. I was already excited for it! Stop ramming it down my throat! Also feel like we've seen too much of it and too many plot points.

I've tried to stop watching any more than one trailer per film for this exact reason. So much given away. Isn't easy though

19 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Just seen spidey, loved it, easily my fave marvel movie yet.

thought it was great as well, GotG still my fav though but this is well up there, they nailed a spidey movie easily

SPOILER ALERT

Im really loving the villain castings that marvel have done for both the movies and the tv shows, keaton was fucking tremendous as vulture and easily gonna be in it again, plus the whole super hero winning every battle has been well and truly ditched, we are seeing more and more where the hero spends most of the film simply trying to keep up before winning in the end, almost makes them human to an extent, much better than the hero simply spending the whole film battering bad guys black and blue

41 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Keaton was absolutely brilliant! 'Petey'. Despite the whole premise of the film in the aftermath of Avengers 1 the characters (if you discount the alien/superhero stuff) are believable, can totally get Keaton's character. The guy who plays PP's best mate was brilliant too!

yup definitely, keatons character simply took advantage of a situation that drove him to the last chace saloon if you will, i also prefer this (and the garfield) spiderman where they have excellent physique, the wall climbing abilities and athleticism, but not the spider sense nonsense or the web from the wrist that maguire had (i know spidey sense was in the comics as such, but i just never liked it)

Ned's character was hilarious, when he's sitting with the suit on :lol: hell even happy hogan and tony stark arent a pointless addon to the film, they actually add to it and definitely and not simply added in to try sell it even more