Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Current Comic Book Shows:

Arrow is rubbish.  Flash and League of Legends are passable.  Enjoyed the Netflix shows.  Supergirl is a guilty pleasure and thats only because of Benoist.

Legion looks good already but can they keep it up?  Preacher was pretty good, loved the angels.  Cant wait until Saint of Sinners comes to town.

Powerless....quite liked it in a Community type of way.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Logan tonight. It's sensational. It like no other X-Men film at all. Its like no other Marvel, or indeed superhero, film at all. In fact it isn't really a superhero/comic book film at all.

xx.jpg.6ec51290ca6a9f3051ab64a88fa160f9.jpg

Edited by DA Baracus

HAW. Watch spoilers!
I'm just back from seeing it. What a fucking movie. It's not just a good superhero movie... it's an outstanding movie in its own right. I absolutely adored it. Usually when the lights come up after the movie chatter occurs right away, but this genuinely left a stunned silence in my screening. It's incredible.

Because spoilers don't work on the App and therefore unwittingly or not you've fucked the film up for  quite a few, cheers!!!

3 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Because spoilers don't work on the App and therefore unwittingly or not you've fucked the film up for  quite a few, cheers!!!

Ah. I don't use the app so didn't know.

But comic book films are always discussed in the comic book film thread, so it's reasonable to have expected folk to discuss such a film that only just came out. If you go back through this thread you'll see the exact same for all other such films.

So if folk knew the spoiler function didn't work and didn't want the film spoiled for them, they should probably have avoided this thread for a few days at least.

Current Comic Book Shows:

Arrow is rubbish.  Flash and League of Legends are passable.  Enjoyed the Netflix shows.  Supergirl is a guilty pleasure and thats only because of Benoist.

Legion looks good already but can they keep it up?  Preacher was pretty good, loved the angels.  Cant wait until Saint of Sinners comes to town.

Powerless....quite liked it in a Community type of way.

Arrow is rubbish?

Mods, please. Season 5 has been bang on form after its season 4 dip.

Arrow is rubbish?

Mods, please. Season 5 has been bang on form after its season 4 dip.

Just the Season 4 dip? As Sam Beckett would say....Oh Boy!

Terrible since Season 2 and the Felicity angle they went with.

Just the Season 4 dip? As Sam Beckett would say....Oh Boy!

Terrible since Season 2 and the Felicity angle they went with.

I'd disagree though I think season 5 does benefit from having the climax to the back story run alongside the current storyline.

I wouldn't say it's the best of the DC shows at the moment - The Flash takes that honour - but it's considerably better than Supergirl which is suffering from 2nd album syndrome.

It also wipes the floor with Legends of Tomorrow which has been utter pap.

I'd disagree though I think season 5 does benefit from having the climax to the back story run alongside the current storyline.

I wouldn't say it's the best of the DC shows at the moment - The Flash takes that honour - but it's considerably better than Supergirl which is suffering from 2nd album syndrome.

It also wipes the floor with Legends of Tomorrow which has been utter pap.

Sad to hear that about Supergirl. Not watched much of Season 2 as kids are Arrow, Flash, Legends, Agents of Shield then Supergirl.