Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Costner was confirmed a couple of weeks ago.

The Green Lantern trailer makes it look like a contender for worst film of the year.

New Green Lantern trailer -

http://video.comicbo...dercon-footage/

now thats a bit better.

That looks terrible! The CGI on the aliens and Mark Strong's character in particular is really poor.

Couple of Thor Trailers:

The first one's really old but the second's relatively knew. I can't wait, probably more excited for this than for any other comic film this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Nestor Carbonell is back for the third Batman film as well, he was Richard Alpert in Lost and the mayor of Gotham City, fantastic actor so it's good to see him recast.

smokinacesprem48.jpg

I'm excited to see Thor, not sure if I'll go opening night or whether I'll just wait for Friday night. I've only seen a couple of trailers and know nothing about the actual storyline past the setup, so I don't know who the villains are which is good. I just hope it isn't riddled with errors like Wolverine, from a comic book's point of view.

Thor was amazing.Hemsworth, Portman, Dennings and Hopkins all put in good, solid performances but, for me, Tom Hiddleston put in a fantastic showing as Loki.

Not too many problems with it, from a comic book point of view, the showdown between Loki and Thor near the end was a bit wrong, I know they had to have that big epic battle but Thor kicks Loki's ass a lot faster EVERY time. Loki isn't a match for Thor, in a strength battle, because Loki's all about the mind games and outsmarting people.

No spot for Balder the Brave was a bit confusing.

Nice to see Stan Lee get a fun cameo, he was the driver of the pickup truck whose back got ripped off cause it couldn't displace Mjolnir. And J Michael Straczynski.

Asgard looked fantastic and the Rainbow Bridge was superb.

I feel it would've been better if it had, maybe, an extra 30 minutes to it. Some of it just felt a bit rushed.

Ending, as always with the Marvel movies, was cool.

You see Eric walk down and start talking to Nick Fury who shows him a mystical cube(it's the Cosmic Cube) and you see in the reflection Loki says something and Eric repeats it straight after, obviously he's controlling him but I think the Cosmic Cube is supposed to be the thing that the Red Skull wants in the Captain America film, so I'm not sure if this film should've been after Cap, with that end bit.

Thor

The Blue Cube at the end is indeed the "Cosmic Cube" which is going to play a part in Captain America later on.

The Avengers

Loki will be one of the baddies in this with some stuff taken from Odin's weapon safe.

I liked Thor but the 3D was bugging me throughout the film. It is a great post conversion job but you can tell the action scenes weren't planned for 3D and imo it suffers because of it. I'd recommend seeing it in 2D.

Thor

The Blue Cube at the end is indeed the "Cosmic Cube" which is going to play a part in Captain America later on.

The Avengers

Loki will be one of the baddies in this with some stuff taken from Odin's weapon safe.

I liked Thor but the 3D was bugging me throughout the film. It is a great post conversion job but you can tell the action scenes weren't planned for 3D and imo it suffers because of it. I'd recommend seeing it in 2D.

Just on the first one

But surely the Cap film will be set during the second world war and the Red Skull will already have the Cube so it's a bit weird to show the good guys having it without showing how the bad guys got it first and lost it.

Does anyone know what the cosmic cube actually does? Can it work as a bridge between asgard and earth? Now that thor destroyed the gateway. Or use it to summon an army?

Also rumour is that the bad guys in the avengers will be an alien race called the skrulls summoned by loki. They seem to put down as the only viable enemy atm that all the avengers would require working together to defeat. Mostly rumoured there could alot of feud between the avengers themselves before uniting.

There is also a rumour that the hulk will be evil at the start and loki will possess him as a weapon to be used to take back asgard by tapping into his anger and using for his own bidding. It would make sense to me as he strikes me as the only one strong enough to take out thor in a face-to-face physical battle.

Does anyone know what the cosmic cube actually does? Can it work as a bridge between asgard and earth? Now that thor destroyed the gateway. Or use it to summon an army?

Also rumour is that the bad guys in the avengers will be an alien race called the skrulls summoned by loki. They seem to put down as the only viable enemy atm that all the avengers would require working together to defeat. Mostly rumoured there could alot of feud between the avengers themselves before uniting.

There is also a rumour that the hulk will be evil at the start and loki will possess him as a weapon to be used to take back asgard by tapping into his anger and using for his own bidding. It would make sense to me as he strikes me as the only one strong enough to take out thor in a face-to-face physical battle.

The Cosmic Cube is just a power source, but it greatly enhances your power. I've only read a few stories with it but I've never noticed anything except just a heightened power, but I'd need to do a little bit of research before I was sure.

Yeah, they're a bunch of shape shifters. They were part of a big story maybe a year or two ago, basically the captured a few people and put a Skrull in their place, it was called the "Secret Invasion"

I could definitely see that with the guy that Loki's possessing having links to the Hulk(he mentioned having heard of Shield before when an experiment with gamma went wrong or something)

Just on the first one

But surely the Cap film will be set during the second world war and the Red Skull will already have the Cube so it's a bit weird to show the good guys having it without showing how the bad guys got it first and lost it.

If they'd put it in the actual film then I could understand that it would be a bit strange but as it's a after credit "nod" to fans it doesn't matter too much after all you'd have to actually know what the cube was when you saw it at the end to know that it is linked to Captain America. After all they had Cap's shield in IM and IM2 plus Tony Stark at the end of the Incredible Hulk.

• 4 weeks later...

Has there been any news on a release date for the new Judge Dredd film with Karl Urban yet?

Or even any news at all? There was a wee flurry about 6 months ago with some costume rehersal shots of him in uniform and then it all seemed to go quiet.