Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

The beauty of the multiverse, particularly with Sylvie and Hugh Grant in Loki (that's before we even mention Alligator Loki or Frog Thor), is that they really don't need to explain why it's a different person in the role. The council of Kangs in Quantumania? That was just a few of them, or it was a 'different' council. Easy enough and would hardly be the most outrageous thing that we're supposed to believe.

Edited by LiviLion

• 1 month later...

Watched The Marvels. Thought it was okay. Far from amazing but certainly better than I expected given the unimpressed reception it got, and easily better than the latest Ant-Man, Thor or Doctor Strange efforts. That said, the five-ten minutes signing section is the worst thing in the entire MCU or, possibly, ever.

16 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Madame Web seems to have received slightly less than enthusiastic reviews.

The great news for Disney is that, no matter how poor their Marvel films get, Sony will be along presently to make them seem like masterpieces.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Madame Web seems to have received slightly less than enthusiastic reviews.

Dakota Johnson's interviews "promoting" the film are some of the poorest and least convincing performances you're likely to see. Rumours abound that she's suing her agent.

The movie looks utterly dreadful too.

13 hours ago, BFTD said:

The great news for Disney is that, no matter how poor their Marvel films get, Sony will be along presently to make them seem like masterpieces.

Starting to think they don't really care how crap they films are. Just putting out any old rubbish, so they can continue to hold on to the Spiderman films.

Edited by bookerman

Surely Sony would be better just asking Disney for a lump sum and giving them the lot. Especially as superhero films seem to be in decline, they might not get nearly so good an offer if they wait a few years more with literally only Venom that anyone gives a toss about (and even that's only alright, it's hardly The Godfather).

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surely Sony would be better just asking Disney for a lump sum and giving them the lot. Especially as superhero films seem to be in decline, they might not get nearly so good an offer if they wait a few years more with literally only Venom that anyone gives a toss about (and even that's only alright, it's hardly The Godfather).

Maybe a bit of a stereotype, but Japanese corporations used to be notorious for thinking decades ahead, rather than about the next financial quarter. Even if superhero films are going out of fashion, Sony would likely be thinking about the big Spider-Man revival in 2050.

And yeah, the Venom films are fine, but nothing terribly exciting. I have a great deal of difficulty in understanding what Venom's saying too, and he was even more incomprehensible in the second film so they're presumably doubling down on it. I hope Morbius gets a sequel though, because that was fucking shite and it would be hilarious. Definitely going to see Missus Web (or whatever) on the big screen if I can.

I went to see Madame Web last week. It's not particularly good, but it's also nowhere near as bad as all the reviews are making out.

My recommendation would be only go to see it if you have an unlimited card or are using your free Sky tickets, otherwise wait until it's on telly/streaming

43 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I went to see Madame Web last week. It's not particularly good, but it's also nowhere near as bad as all the reviews are making out.

My recommendation would be only go to see it if you have an unlimited card or are using your free Sky tickets, otherwise wait until it's on telly/streaming

I thought it was fine I don't really watch marvel stuff but I wanted to try out the 4dx that unlimited members are getting gratis at the moment.  So watched it while getting chucked about and punched by a chair.