Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Don't have many gripes with it at all. It's a hell of a pace. Thanos had to be amazing given how much was riding on his presence, and neither he or his minions disappointed me. It kept the lighter touch of the MCU which is fine, but there were times when it probably could have done without, and that's been a problem I've had with the MCU for a while. I thought they balanced it well in Civil War so was surprised at that. That's probably my only problem with it. It was a hell of a ride.

I loved it, but felt no emotion for the vast majority of 'deaths'.

The reason? Take Spider-Man for example. Marvel announced that he has a deal for six films. He's been in two (three if you count his cameo at the end of Civil War). So I know he's coming back.

I think it's safe to say that Gamora, Loki, Heimdall and Vision were the only 'true' deaths, with the 'erased' characters to be reversed.

What a film though. Amazing.

On 4/27/2018 at 22:42, Mr. Brightside said:

giphy.gif

Peter

Spoiler

Just out of the film there. That scene was the only one that made me tear up. Obviously he will return some way, but still. 

Just back from Infinity War, really enjoyed it.

Never felt like 2 and a half hours, although I can see how it might drag for some.

Really surprised to see Red Skull back, and was genuinely surprised by the ending. Also seemed to be the case for the wee boy in front of me, who kept saying to his dad during the credits "But the Avengers lost?"

Teenage Groot was hilarious, as was Starlord's jealousy of Thor.

Dr Strange clearly kens what's happening - one possible good outcome out of 14 million, happily handing over the time stone, etc.

Brolin is absolutely magnificent as Thanos.

Will Hawkeye or Ant-Man or both have survived?

Already looking forward to Part 2, but Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel first!

Also

the Hulk is a big shitebag. As soon as he comes up against a real opponent, he bottles it.

Guest Moomintroll
Just back from Infinity War, really enjoyed it.
Never felt like 2 and a half hours, although I can see how it might drag for some.

Really surprised to see Red Skull back, and was genuinely surprised by the ending. Also seemed to be the case for the wee boy in front of me, who kept saying to his dad during the credits "But the Avengers lost?"
Teenage Groot was hilarious, as was Starlord's jealousy of Thor.
Dr Strange clearly kens what's happening - one possible good outcome out of 14 million, happily handing over the time stone, etc.
Brolin is absolutely magnificent as Thanos.
Will Hawkeye or Ant-Man or both have survived?
Already looking forward to Part 2, but Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel first!
Also

the Hulk is a big shitebag. As soon as he comes up against a real opponent, he bottles it.

Looks like Captain Marvel will have a pivotal role in Infinity War Pt 2. Sure there will be a teaser in Ant Man and the Wasp as well.

Guest Moomintroll
When is Adam Warlock going to show up?
Good point, maybe going to appear at the same time as Captain Marvel, would make sense and will f**k with peoples minds when they are thinking all the gang are already here.

When I first heard the news that Peter Dinklage was in Infinity War a couple of months ago, I was somehow hoping that he would play Adam Warlock.  Though I am sure the Russo Brothers have claimed Warlock would appear in some sort of way during the next Avengers film. 

Saw Avengers last night and thought it was excellent. Brolin was excellent as Thanos.

Would agree that I struggled to feel much emotion over folk disappearing as they’ll be brought back soon.

Big Strange already knows how this plays out but he’s telling nobody. Handing over the stone without any protest and being all knowing to Stark before he went.

As a man who’s not overly in to comics, I had to google about the post credits scene as I had no idea what it meant [emoji23].

How is Tony still alive? Surely he won't be for much longer given he's stranded with Nebula on  Titan. He closed the wound but the internal injuries from being stabbed right through his torso must be devastating. If he does survive he'd better hope that Aunt May was wiped out or he's got a very awkward conversation to have. Oh and Pepper Pots can f**k right off. Threatening to leave him if he doesn't come back right now. Aye, he'll just not bother trying to deal with a threat to the entire galaxy because you're a shrill cuntress. 

Pretty shit that Thanos committed genocide on the Asgardians. Presumably Thor is the only one who survived the assault on the refugee ship? I imagine there will be some Asgardians throughout the galaxy, but they've just become endangered. Tough break for Valkyrie. Also Meek and Korg are dead!

I might have read it wrong but can Thor now control the bifrost with his new axe? Also will the mould of the Infinity Gauntlet we saw come in to play at some point? 

Presumably Ant Man and The Wasp is set before Infinity War? The trailers show a pretty populated world, not one where half of everyone dies. 

Also find out if Thanos kills you or not;

http://www.didthanoskill.me

Edited by DA Baracus

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

How is Tony still alive? Surely he won't be for much longer given he's stranded with Nebula on  Titan. He closed the wound but the internal injuries from being stabbed right through his torso must be devastating. If he does survive he'd better hope that Aunt May was wiped out or he's got a very awkward conversation to have. Oh and Pepper Pots can f**k right off. Threatening to leave him if he doesn't come back right now. Aye, he'll just not bother trying to deal with a threat to the entire galaxy because you're a shrill cuntress. 

Pretty shit that Thanos committed genocide on the Asgardians. Presumably Thor is the only one who survived the assault on the refugee ship? I imagine there will be some Asgardians throughout the galaxy, but they've just become endangered. Tough break for Valkyrie. Also Meek and Korg are dead!

I might have read it wrong but can Thor now control the bifrost with his new axe? Also will the mould of the Infinity Gauntlet we saw come in to play at some point? 

Presumably Ant Man and The Wasp is set before Infinity War? The trailers show a pretty populated world, not one where half of everyone dies. 

Seemingly a good chunk of the asgardians along with valkyrie survived by escaping on some other ship before thanos did his thing apparently 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm pretty sure this next Avengers movie will be the end for Iron Man and Captain America. Whether or not that's them getting their totties, or striding off into the sunset is what's up for debate. 

I'm not convinced that any one of the two of them are going tbh. Especially Rodgers. I think his impending departure is a bit of a smokescreen. 

Thor is a goner I think, to add to the two deaths in that series that we seen.

EDIT: Ant Man is set not long after Civil War.

Edited by Mayor Wilkins III

2 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

I'm not convinced that any one of the two of them are going tbh. Especially Rodgers. I think his impending departure is a bit of a smokescreen. 

Thor is a goner I think, to add to the two deaths in that series that we seen.

EDIT: Ant Man is set not long after Civil War.

Aye but how will Stark survive his injuries? He was stabbed by Thanos with a big fucking sword type thing. I doubt there are any medical stations on Titan.

Thor survived a dying star blasting him in the face, as well as tumbling through space. I think he'll be ok.

Edited by DA Baracus