Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:35, Bully Wee Villa said:

1 monkeys

2 lions

3 elephants

4 tigers

5 penguins

I haven't see all the films that have been mentioned but I didn't want to miss out so have just listed my five favourite animals.

Penguins are over rated.

Justice League isn’t shite. It is, however, painfully unoriginal and isn’t a disaster because it is so formulaic.
I’ve learned to just accept that dialogue in these movies is gonna be pish, but I was left annoyed at how the lines felt like they were ripped from any big blockbuster/superhero movie.
The Justice League themselves were what you’d expect.
Batman was like he was in B v S, only with less interesting things to do.
Wonder Woman was like she was in her own movie, only with a whole lot more pining for Pine (I came up with that one myself).
Aquaman was brooding, super-serious and snarky. There really wasn’t much interesting about him.
The Flash was clearly the comic relief, as almost everything that came out of his mouth was a joke. There were times that you could see just how overwhelmed he was without him even saying anything... then he did.
Cyborg was a robotic (obviously) genius. He had some good moments, but he just felt like The Thing from Tim Story’s ‘Fantastic Four’.
Another member may make an appearance which I’m sure NONE of you will guess.
Steppenwolf was dull as dull can be: little development, almost unexplained powers, no weight to him. In fact, every battle was just a video game, where you cared very little for anything that was drawn on the screen (and there’s a f**k-load of CGI). I think they realised how little weight this carried so kept on cutting to a family. They weren’t really to do with the plot at any stage.

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

What seems to be the issue ? It's not to your taste? Surely each to there own regarding movies , "critics " or not .

No, that's a fair point. I've not seen it yet. I may love it. But it's just that "reviews" from the general public don't generally mean anything. If you go on IMDB you'll see that even the most f-ckwitted drivel gets liked by morons. And in the case of blockbuster movies there will be fanboys willing to argue to the hilt that it's not a steaming pile.
And yes, I recognise that there's no such thing as "pure" criticism.  Everyone's view is as valid as everyone else's etc. (zzzzz). But we can still make critical distinctions. The Sun is a worse newspaper than the i. I'm willing to go on record that of the two tabloids one is worse than the other. People can defend the Sun if they want, people can defend any movie if they want. But deep down we all know.

Seen Justice League last night it was alright. The plot of the movie was absolutely terrible,  but the League themselves were actually really good, especially Cyborg, he wasn't just in the film for the sake of being in the film.   As mentioned by others, the villain was quite bad and there was a big reliance on CGI, which was either good or extremely bad. 

Spoiler

I thought the movie did improve once Superman appeared again, I did like the brief dilemma on whether he would come back good or turn evil. I really enjoyed his scenes with The Flash, even the mid credits scene. 

Speaking of end credits, what have they done to Deathstroke? That dyed hair and beard looked so bad, that it was just out of place. 

Lol if nothing else that review made me laugh. He doesn't hold back. I seen it last night and it really was all over the place. Probably the best part of the film *spoilers but not really* was the 5 min sequence when Superman came back.

On a side note the cgi lip was do bad.

Lol if nothing else that review made me laugh. He doesn't hold back. I seen it last night and it really was all over the place. Probably the best part of the film *spoilers but not really* was the 5 min sequence when Superman came back.

On a side note the cgi lip was do bad.

I was so disengaged by the time Superman came back that I didn’t even pay attention to his CGI lip.

Superman is on the poster and the end of Batman vs Superman all but screams that he's alive. I don't think it's a spoiler to say he's in this film.

And on that note;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/news/why-is-supermans-mouth-weird-in-justice-league/ar-BBF6HXe?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout