Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

How can you say thor learns f**k all throughout the film after losing his hammer, its that loss that makes him learn an important fact about himself and changes his whole fighting demeanour 

Losing hammer made him realise that he has muscles. Fantastic.

So accies is dismissing decent character development and is finding humour where there isn't any. Sounds like he entirely got the point of the movie.

Can’t dismiss what isn’t there. They quite clearly played the scene I mentioned for laughs too.
I'm off on Thursday, are we saying Thor is finally decent? I'm tempted to go.

Nah, it’s shite m9.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html

oofftt, cant get the rights to the marvel characters owned by fox, so they just buy fox :lol:

seriously though, if this does end up happening, the MCU will literally be like printing money, imagine giving the likes of the russo brothers the x-men and let them build a trilogy from that, finally get a good fantastic 4 film, integrate them into the MCU for the post thanos storyline (dr doom as the big bad for post thanos maybe, or even kang the conqueror could make an appearance)

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/06/21st-century-fox-has-been-holding-talks-to-sell-most-of-company-to-disney-sources.html
oofftt, cant get the rights to the marvel characters owned by fox, so they just buy fox :lol:
seriously though, if this does end up happening, the MCU will literally be like printing money, imagine giving the likes of the russo brothers the x-men and let them build a trilogy from that, finally get a good fantastic 4 film, integrate them into the MCU for the post thanos storyline (dr doom as the big bad for post thanos maybe, or even kang the conqueror could make an appearance)

Can’t wait for Dr Doom to be a laugh-a-minute joker ;)
In all honesty, the only thing that could go wrong here is that Fox have taken some big - and brilliant - risks with Deadpool and Logan, but I can’t see Disney/Marvel doing the same. Save for the Russos’ stuff, I think a lot of Marvel movies lately have felt a bit samey, whereas Deadpool and especially Logan have offered some respite. Deadpool was, in my opinion, more of a grey comedy (not quite black comedy) and Logan was an intense character study. Two things I don’t recall seeing much of in recent MCU years. Correct me if I’m wrong.

For me the standalone movies have been as good if not better than the avengers or civil wR movies as there has been more emphasis on the characters rather than big action sequences. Dr Strange has been one of my favourites for example whereas age of ultron probably least favourite. Granted not as intense as Logan but still I feel got the mix of character and action spot on

Top 5 Marvel movies? By this I mean the ones done by Marvel studios, starting from Iron Man, which precludes an X-Men films and all but 1 Spider Man film.

I'd say;

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. Captain America: Civil War

4. Iron Man

5. Thor: Ragnarok

Ant Man, Spiderman: Homecoming, Captain America and Thor are all unlucky to be missing out.

1. Captain America- The Winter Soldier

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. 1st Avengers 

4. Civil War

5. Antman 

Spiderman Homecoming, the first Ironman and the second Avengers are close behind. I've yet to see the new Thor movie as well. 

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 01:19, Swordfishtrombone said:

This looks good a Grant Morrisson adaptation 

Wow! I read the comic series of this a few years ago and it seemed perfect for TV. The comic was only about 5 issues long but there's so much potential to stretch this out. Can't wait