The get fit, stay fit thread

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just couldn't imagine doing this and then going back to work. For me as soon as I've finished a work out I then eat and then chill or get things done in the house.
But bugger doing that on my break.

Yeah I definitely won’t be doing it on my lunch. That’s why I want to minimise workout times so I’m not wasting a lot of time at the gym, and would make it easier to force myself to go.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I am a member of another gym in Edinburgh and I’ll usually go for a sauna afterwards and get a coffee, it’s more of a health club than a gym though.

I use the Bannatynes on Queens Street most day during the week.  

12 minutes ago, throbber said:

Calling you out as a bullshitter.

It's bullshit in that what I typed is factually wrong.   But I have a bannatynes membership, and it allows the use of similar level clubs so I use Newcraighall and Dunfermline.    David Lloyd is the best in Edinburgh I think.   The one at Newhaven.   

12 hours ago, PB 4.2 said:

It's bullshit in that what I typed is factually wrong.   But I have a bannatynes membership, and it allows the use of similar level clubs so I use Newcraighall and Dunfermline.    David Lloyd is the best in Edinburgh I think.   The one at Newhaven.   

How hot is the sauna? The problem I've found with these chain gyms is that they don't crank the sauna and steam room up high enough. 

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You all sound like steroid munching maniacs. No way am I ever going to a P+B get together, you'll be comparing pectorals and having roid hissy fits.

I prefer going to the gym to going out for a drink tbh.  I am a bit of a boring b*****d though, we don't want a world full of me.

First 10 days of the gym membership out the way. 5 visits. 4 involving relatively light weights covering most of the major muscle groups then 30-45 minutes of cardio, 1 session last night was just solid cardio with a 75 minute bike session, keeping the rpm stable but the resistance varying every 20 seconds from low to high and everything in between.

Planning on 3 visits a week, will try and do 2 sessions a week with the weights and light cardio and the 3rd being heavy cardio. Not looking to bulk up or increase strength massively, mostly looking to tone up a bit and trim a bit of fat off the belly and waist.

Will sporadically keep you all updated, just because.

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

How hot is the sauna? The problem I've found with these chain gyms is that they don't crank the sauna and steam room up high enough. 

I converted my garage into a sauna so I tend not to use Bannatynes sauna.    Been using some wonderful Finnish oils.  

Just couldn't imagine doing this and then going back to work. For me as soon as I've finished a work out I then eat and then chill or get things done in the house.
But bugger doing that on my break.

I used to enjoy going to the gym on lunch and would usually start work half an hour earlier to take a longer lunch so I could get a good hour in.

Always found the afternoon would fly in too as opposed to having a heavy lunch and spending the rest of the day fighting off sleep.

I've not been to the gym in about 3 months now due to work and personal problems, out with my control so not had the energy tbh. I aimed at starting back after new year and mind putting a post up about it but I've not been since ffs. Anyway I'm quite confident in the gym when I'm there but I wouldn't say I'm an experienced lifter or anything but I do know how to perform most exercises with decent form. I do play football on weekends, just amateur level, nothing serious but I was looking at starting a program aimed at benefiting that. Obviously I'd want to aim at getting stronger, faster speed wise and more agile. I've looked online and I've came across many different programs. Some say to just go for compound exercises, some say isolation so not sure what would be better tbh.

Anyone have a program on here that they use to benefit themselves for a sport such as football?