The Falkirk FC Thread

A new manager would make more of a positive impact than signing 2 players until the end of the season.

With the money we'd have to pay to get rid of Pressley, I'm fairly confident we'd end up with Lee Bullen in charge.

With the money we'd have to pay to get rid of Pressley, I'm fairly confident we'd end up with Lee Bullen in charge.

I'd take that. Anything to get rid of the Clipboard Cowboy.

Okay Elvis has been poor and I think I want him away as well, but some of your points are just fcuking stupid.

Miller has only been sent off once, I'm not his biggest fan either, but he's still young!! <_<

How the fcuk can you blame Elvis for McManus getting injured? Think before you go near your PC FFS.

Millar might only have been sent off once but how many times has he been booked? I'd be willing to overlook that too if he actually made other telling contributions to the team like Cregg did when he first arrived but the guy does absolutely nothing. I made a point of watching him in a couple of matches and he hardly even works up a sweat jogging from one area to another. We need a bear in the middle of the park who can put himself about for 90mins not just one or two silly tackles now and again. He might be young but he's played a t a decent level before do theres no excuse for his lack of interest. As for McManus it was unfortunate he got injured but Pressley then resigns him and we're now hearing it could be well into February before he gets back into the team. That's just ludicrous if you ask me. He isnt the only striker out there we could've signed for fecks sake and we need new faces now not in 3 or 4 weeks time.

I reckon firing pressley now can only save us cash surely. If he's only contracted to May/June then the amount owed cant be ridiculous and crowds are already down by over 1000 on what we were getting earlier in the season. Add to that the fact that season tickets will be on sale shortly and we need to do something or theres no chance of anyone being stupid enough to buy one no matter what the price.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Probably. I doubt appointing him would be a success either, but who knows - he might do a Barry Smith.

You have just highlighted the facts of how hard it is to appoint the right man

Our next one could even be worse, nothing is written in stone with performance of about 90% of newly employed managers....

To the business, end.....anyone know the proposed signings with facts as I for one would rather it was sooner than later as to get them in for Saturday at least knowing the other players.........

We could appoint Smith as manager till the end of the season and make Bullen the assistant, rewriting their contracts to avoid this rolling bullshit. It would be hellish but there would be an end in sight.

If Smith wouldn't accept that then give it to Bullen and rewrite his contract to remove the rolling aspect of it.

Bullen is surely just part of the same problem.

Absolutely and I for one wouldn't take him. If things were going wrong I think he'd rather argue with our fans than watch what is going on on the park. Too often does he turn round and talk back to the crowd, disapproving with almost everything they say. Lee Bullen hates Falkirk fans :P .

Surely it can't be just me who thinks this "two new players" rumour is a load of shite started by someone pretending to be 'in the know' and growing arms and legs from there.

Kind of like when the boy claimed on Facebook last week that we hadn't trained for over two months because Stirling Uni had frozen over. Despite this being a load of shite for at least two reasons, it had started to be repeated on subsequent threads and One F before the day was up.

Our next one could even be worse,

I struggle to see how any appointment could do a worse job than Pressley is.

nothing is written in stone with performance of about 90% of newly employed managers....

Perhaps not, but you can have a good stab at it. I said from day one Pressley would be a disasterous appointment.

I am not saying it's easy to get it right. I'd have no problems if the board at least reviewed all the applicants and their thought process in picking the new manager was understandable.

For example, Paul Le Guen turned out to be disasterous for Rangers. I thought it was a good appointment though - it just turned out bad.

Which is different from appointing a total assclown, who I had zero faith in from day one. If we'd appointed an Allan Moore or a Danny Lennon and he'd done badly, I wouldn't have criticised the board. I'd have seen what they were trying to do.