The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybe I'll get shot down for this, but why exactly is Alex Smith a Falkirk legend, as many people seem to think?

He’s not. He is a Scottish football legend though, despite some of the nonsense he spouts and I think it’s a nice idea to celebrate his career today. Definitely not a Falkirk legend though.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

He’s not. He is a Scottish football legend though, despite some of the nonsense he spouts and I think it’s a nice idea to celebrate his career today. Definitely not a Falkirk legend though.

I'd definitely agree with this. He's more of a legend for St MIrren than for ourselves.

Edited by Gaz

This is bascially it. It has fallen to us despite his career highlights not being with us, just as it would have fallen to any other club he retired from.

As an aside, retirement is a beautiful thing and outside of having a kid, I cant think of something I can be happier for someone about.

3 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Taiwo goes to a bottom 6 premiership club/ league 1 in England. Been probably our most consistent player over 4 seasons and I think he's massively underrated by our support. Yes, he doesn't offer much going forward but that's not his role and there's very few better at what he's in the team to do IMO. While his passing isn't Iniesta-esque, it's also nowhere near as bad as some make out.

I'd have kept him around for next year but only as a back up. Decent if unspectacular player who could definitely still do us a turn but he won't be moving up the way when he leaves. 

55 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Maybe I'll get shot down for this, but why exactly is Alex Smith a Falkirk legend, as many people seem to think?

Show some respect fs he's an old man! 

28 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I'd definitely agree with this. He's more of a legend for St MIrren than for ourselves.

I'm sure he is well thought of or perhaps regarded legend at Stennie, Stirling Albion, St Mirren and Aberdeen whom he won a few trophies for and was sacked ridiculously in his last season, Aberdeen have been on the slide since then.

I wouldnt class him as a legend at Falkirk, decent bloke whom steadied ship a few times, wealth of experience added with work within the SFA and overall work in which I guess is nearly 60yr to football is why the legend status been given. I actually dont mind and quite like the guy, I was gonna watch the Falkirk tv interview recently put up but 33 mins.....I'll pass, he was bad enough wabbling on after his recent interim manager interviews both pre and post.

Good luck and well deserved retirement Alex

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:
7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:
Indeed. Funny thing is his pass during the build up to the goal today was top drawer.

It was about the only thing he did do though. Couldn't believe his chested pass back to the St Mirren keeper instead of putting the head on the ball.

Oh im not disagreeing with you mate as moments like that have been few and far between. Maybe jack ross will sign him as hes played in all our games against them this season and only lost once.

It was about the only thing he did do though. Couldn't believe his chested pass back to the St Mirren keeper instead of putting the head on the ball.
He couldn't have cushioned it any better.[emoji85]