The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, tubbybairn said:

Folk had us down as world beaters after a few crappy pre season and league cup games this season.

Wouldn’t go as far to say I’d be happy if we had the opposite this year.

what is essential is that the team gel at this phase given the number of new faces we’re likely to see.

would quite like to see Hartley do the same as Robbie Neilson when hearts were down. Double training sessions right from first day of pre season. They benefited massively from that on their way to the title.

Edited by BountyBairn

Wouldn’t go as far to say I’d be happy if we had the opposite this year.
what is essential is that the team get at this phase given the number of new faces we’re likely to see.
would quite like to see Hartley do the same as Robbie Neilson when hearts were down. Double training sessions right from first day of pre season. They benefited massively from that on their way to the title.

I agree but the results wouldn't bother me at all provided the effort is being put in so that the team gel for the beginning of the league campaign.

31 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I always get the fear when we have a decent pre season . Its usually followed by a shit season.

Fair enough. I don’t pay enough attention to pre season to make an assessment. I’d be inclined to think there is no causation or a poor season based on preseason though.

Would just be good to see the team playing a good attractive system and steadily improving in pre season games. (I think the one we’ve had under Hartley can provide this)