The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, keithgy said:

Won't be us then as we won't pay big wages,i think most of our recruitment will be down south this year.

I'm hoping that cutting the squad down to 18 from 30 will mean we should be able to pay significantly higher wages and attract better players. Hartley is on record as saying the quality he wants isn't available in Scotland. 

The playing squad from top to bottom will be cleared out. The reserve players had the perfect opportunity to claim a first team spot, The likes of Finlayson , Peggie and Stowe were deemed not good enough. So clear the decks and give these guys a chance of a first team game elsewhere. The first team squad got us into this mess, so out the door with them. Expect no more than 3 or 4 player to be kept on. That leaves 10 to 12 signings with a fresh approach and no baggage from last season. There is much hope pinned on the scouting network , in particular down south, and being fair to Hartley he must have a bulging contact book from his career.  It is a make or break season for Hartley, I think he will come good. Not only with his signings but with the style of football played.

I hope you are spot on.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think Patrick are nailed on to come down. Ayr and Raith will come up hopefully.

Can’t see any of the other championship teams going up. I think whoever wins the playoff will hope to get Hamilton but they will no doubt grind it out.

League next season

Patrick
Falkirk
DU
Dunfermline
Livingston
Morton
Raith
Ayr
QOS
Inverness

Looks tasty to me that.

Stewart? Bergin? Swayze?

13 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Joe McKee confirming with the herald he has a year left on his contract.

Did you forget you already posted this? Also get that avatar changed, I was reading this thread thinking I don't remember posting that!

I can only really say that I’d be disappointed if Sibbs, McGhee or Grant left tbh. Though the latter is very much in the last chance saloon for getting back to what he was like pre injury. 

The rest id be happy to see leave if Hartley thinks he’s got better to bring in. 

Of all the guys that already left, Austin is probably the one that I wish we could have kept. He could still grow into a fantastic forward.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Did you forget you already posted this? Also get that avatar changed, I was reading this thread thinking I don't remember posting that!

App came up with an error so posted it again. 

Change it when I get home this is far too confusing.

58 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

App came up with an error so posted it again. 

Change it when I get home this is far too confusing.

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Dont change it. We are all Paul Hartley.

Stop being selfish Ruggy!

Quite frankly some disgusting levels of selfishness imo.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Don't think Harris is that bad, wouldn't be gutted if he goes in the summer but he's not as bad as everyone seems to think. 

Wait and see how things go over the summer with players in and out, will renew season ticket and hope next season is much better than this one has been! 

giphy-1.gif