The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Stuperman01 said:

Happy to report my knickers have dried out ,time to relax and forget this season ever happened.

Players to keep

McGhee

Robson

Sibbs

The Jack - If possbile 

Nelson - If possible

Let the rest go complete revamp needed although might not be easy with the players who have another year. 

I'm not entirely convinced about McGhee but he is still only 21 and would be happy enough if the club decide to renew for another year. I'd prefer Hartley to go with a back 4 next season with McGhee and a Darren Dods type signing to play next to him. 

I wouldnt be surprised if the Jak is on St Mirrens radar especially if he has another good display in the last game.

He will either rot away in the reserves at Watford or do another loan I expect.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Jak is on St Mirrens radar especially if he has another good display in the last game.
He will either rot away in the reserves at Watford or do another loan I expect.

I think this is the level he needs to be at to improve tbh. He is too raw for top level and they wont be able to carry someone in their first team of a raw prospect sort.

I hope Hartley can convimce Watford that we will be at a higher level next season and let gim stay.

18 minutes ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

I'm not entirely convinced about McGhee but he is still only 21 and would be happy enough if the club decide to renew for another year. I'd prefer Hartley to go with a back 4 next season with McGhee and a Darren Dods type signing to play next to him. 

I appreciate other people's opinion but I'm baffled by this one. McGhee has been our best player this season and should probably be playing at a higher level. 

14 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I appreciate other people's opinion but I'm baffled by this one. McGhee has been our best player this season and should probably be playing at a higher level. 

Fair enough mate maybe I'm being a tad harsh.  I'm still in the way of thinking I wouldn't be bothered if every single player left and we started from scratch.

I think the season has took it's toll on me! :blink:

Every game he’ll stroll up the park then lose possession 30 yards from the opposition goal allowing the other team to break with falkirk being a man short at the back. This does my fucking head in. It’s cost us a number of goals this season.

12 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Every game he’ll stroll up the park then lose possession 30 yards from the opposition goal allowing the other team to break with falkirk being a man short at the back. This does my fucking head in. It’s cost us a number of goals this season.

This also does my head in  but I cannot recall it ever resulting directly to a goal.

He just keeps dribbling past all of the options he has and then runs himself in to an alley then gets picked off. But he's usually the furthest man forward with the rest of the team in shape so cant really recall any counter attacks from it.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I think this is the level he needs to be at to improve tbh. He is too raw for top level and they wont be able to carry someone in their first team of a raw prospect sort.

I hope Hartley can convimce Watford that we will be at a higher level next season and let gim stay.

He bossed their centre halves and by a few wayward shots cause he was starved of real service, I could see them being interested if he does so again next week.

This also does my head in  but I cannot recall it ever resulting directly to a goal.
He just keeps dribbling past all of the options he has and then runs himself in to an alley then gets picked off. But he's usually the furthest man forward with the rest of the team in shape so cant really recall any counter attacks from it.

I do quite like him, he can actually play football, I’d definitely keep him. At home to ICT he got caught just outside the opposition box, ICT score, At home to Brechin and QOTS this happened too. Away at Ibrox against rangers this also happened.

29 minutes ago, ka202 said:

Every game? I remember once against ICT. 

Every game? I remember once against ICT. 

I meant every game he’ll try to stroll up the park with the ball then lose it. It doesn’t alway result in an opposition goal but it puts massive pressure on an already weak defence.

I kind of hope it's more of an act of despair at our lack of creativity rather than a big flaw in his game. Next season if we can get some creative players in our team he can hopefully stick to defending. I'd definitely be keeping him as I think alongside someone experienced he could be a class act.

52 minutes ago, ka202 said:

I meant every game he’ll try to stroll up the park with the ball then lose it. It doesn’t alway result in an opposition goal but it puts massive pressure on an already weak defence.

16 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I kind of hope it's more of an act of despair at our lack of creativity rather than a big flaw in his game. Next season if we can get some creative players in our team he can hopefully stick to defending. I'd definitely be keeping him as I think alongside someone experienced he could be a class act.

Aye I know what you mean. However that is how I have perceived it. Young guy seeing no c**t else creating anything so has a go himself. If we improve in creativity pushing forward then he may not see the need to try this. And hopefully if he does try then we will have a solid enough defence in place to allow him to have a go. 

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

Not having this, the away top is bangin'. It's the players in it that are the problem.

The all-red away effort is ok; it’s the horrific, utterly characterless, blackest, blue, blue & blue home combo that is, without doubt, bog-awful.  

White shorts are a prerequisite with the navy blue. 

21 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

the other big plus for keeping McGhee is he can actually put a bit of proper bite into a tackle, something we’ve lacked in both defence, since Grant got injured, and in mid-field, whenever TT is out. 

47 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Definitely this. I have had my doubtful moments too, but a bit like Robson, he’s been dragged down a bit, and is constantly trying to compensate for the shortcomings of others. I don’t think he ever has mad rushes of blood to the head. I think it’s his way of trying to drive the team on. Unfortunately this season, there’s never been the footballing intelligence to either backfill for him when goes forward, or offer him decent options to release the ball. Much of the midfield would ball watch as McGhee charged ahead of them.

It would be decent business to keep  Robson, Nelson, Jak, McGhee and Sibbs. That’s a proper chunk of quality at Championship level. The onvious key to it all will be the unknowns who come in to replace the rest. Fully expect to see stuff like third choice centre half from Dagenham and Redbridge, or a player harshly released by Hartlepool. Football has changed that much in this country, signings like that will be comparatively exciting.

If Longridge stays, we really need to find the key to getting him turning in good performances far more often.

Next season will be tougher than this, no question. Thing is, in recent years, the Championship hasn’t been easy for anyone.

42 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

The all-red away effort is ok; it’s the horrific, utterly characterless, blackest, blue, blue & blue home combo that is, without doubt, bog-awful.  

White shorts are a prerequisite with the navy blue. 

Would love to see the return of red shirt numbers.

It’s pretty common for 1 of a back 3 to drive forward with the ball, fair enough not losing the ball once you are in the final 3rd but I haven’t noticed that happening all too often.