The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Alex Smith has had some pretty significant achievements in Scottish football, but none of them have been at Falkirk. A speech and round of applause from both sets of supporters after the match would be appropriate and deserved. Unfortunately, this will be nowhere near enough for the Commercial Department who will be dreaming up all kinds of disproportionate, over the top, tacky nonsense to mark the "occasion". Yet another game where the 90 minutes are relegated to a mere sideshow.

What other games have been relegated to a side show?

Hot tub game, Crane game, the Rangersesque  Remeberence day with parade, communities day, Strathcaron day  ( I approve of this one) and Ladies day

The football was a sideshow because of the hot tub[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Away and have a word with yourself

Hot tub game, Crane game, the Rangersesque  Remeberence day with parade, communities day, Strathcaron day  ( I approve of this one) and Ladies day

Hot tub and crane brought in more money than a few hundred on the gate.

Cannot believe the attitude of some on here. Here’s a guy that’s been a good servant to Scottish Football (not just Falkirk) and we can’t celebrate his long term commitment and wish him well on retirement in his latter years?

He worked to support us without pay, and before we start hearing about our lack of success I’d say that the two second place finishes against a plethora of top league teams and reaching a cup final should be regarded as something to be proud of.

His record when temporary in charge at the club was not too shoddy either.

Why such negativity ffs?

All innovative ways of generating interest. Indeed, here we are talking about and remembering them months afterwards.

Clearly you have no business acumen if you think these are a bad thing.

Yeah, perhaps if the club focussed on 1st team performances we might be remembering performances and entertainment rather than marketing.

It is painfully obvious that everyone on the footballing side of the club loses valuable training time and resources whilst they divert a significant chunk of their attention to hot tub procurement.

Indeed, Will Vaulks told me he actually left because of Falkirks unrealistic expectations of him regarding the amount of time he should spend over at Sterling Mills trying to chisel a deal.

Marketing team are harmless and generate money, Alex Smith served Falkirk fc in anyway he could for the benefit of the club. Simple as that. 

Can't wait for the games to start again. Absolutely brutal on here when we are not playing. 

Edited by Believe The Hype

Guest Back Post Misses

If that sort of thing took over your attention to the game you must have the attention span of a toddler. I bet you still take your toys cars with you.

The cash we get from those hot tubs and cranes I would wager would stagger you.

Guest Back Post Misses
Cannot believe the attitude of some on here. Here’s a guy that’s been a good servant to Scottish Football (not just Falkirk) and we can’t celebrate his long term commitment and wish him well on retirement in his latter years?
He worked to support us without pay, and before we start hearing about our lack of success I’d say that the two second place finishes against a plethora of top league teams and reaching a cup final should be regarded as something to be proud of.
His record when temporary in charge at the club was not too shoddy either.
Why such negativity ffs?

I agree with this but he wasn’t doing it for nothing. It maybe wasn’t a fortune but he was being paid

Guest Back Post Misses

Pretty sure I read somewhere that he was on expenses only, but could be wrong?

He gets a salary. It was mentioned at the last AGM or maybe the one before.

If that sort of thing took over your attention to the game you must have the attention span of a toddler. I bet you still take your toys cars with you.

The cash we get from those hot tubs and cranes I would wager would stagger you.

Wish I still had my toy cars.