The Falkirk FC Thread

The marketing department is merely a symptom of the fact that the football isnt just for the likes of us that go regardless of weather/results etc.

Top level football is no longer aimed at us as has been discussed on the EPL/Champs league threads many times, and as with everything, it permeates down the leagues. It is painfully obvious that all clubs do everything they can to get different demographics interested.

As a genuine fan, its best ignored. Its not for you.

99.99% of the support could not give a toss about all the community nonsense and marketing bumf that is rammed down our throats at every available opportunity.

An entertaining, winning team is all fans are interested in. For those who run the club, however, the football is a mere sideshow. That's the disconnect.

Just reading through the thread and I wonder what are our expectations for next season?

Are we winning the league?

Aiming for the play-offs?

Avoiding another season like this?

Given the rumours of players leaving/coming in, those who have contracts expiring etc any new team is going to have to gel pretty quick in pre-season to have a realistic chance of the first two.

That's basically it. We could storm the league or quite possibly have another nightmare like this one.

Regarding the marketing, I think those guys do an amazing job. All the trucks and hot tubs get people talking about us, and look around the stadium the next time you're there. Pretty much every square centimetre is covered in logos.

But to people like me and many others on here that has absolutely no impact on the chances of us going to the match on a Saturday or not. It's not for us.

To me everything counts, even down to the kids coaching at the weekend. We are not going to win the top league, loads of cups and have European adventure after European adventure, we might win the cup and get into Europe but we could also struggle, it happens to all clubs our size. If any of the community stuff stops even 1 kid from growing up a celtic/rangers fan like their families then that's a win for me, anything that gets more kids supporting their local team instead of the bigoted big 2 is what I want whether it's a winning team on the park or the community stuff.

On 22/03/2018 at 23:47, Marshmallo said:

Brechin will give us 10 points this season. We've taken 9 off Morton. It's likely we'll get 8 off Dumbarton.  And that's with the worst Falkirk squad of my lifetime.

The conclusion here, once again, is that you talk a power of pish. Easily the biggest gobshite on Pie and Bovril. 

Nah mate, with you as my personal wee stalker (profile check after profile check after profile check) you indulge in a world of dickery I could never match. 

Talking about gobshite pish, I look forward to your “8 points from Dumbarton” materialising. I take it we get 5 points if we beat them in our fourth league game? Or have you just let your gobshite mouth off the leash again?

People in glass  houses little man, people in glass  houses.

Edited by Guest

The marketing team do a great job with advertisement etc but all I want and care about is a first team that’s good to watch and wins games.

The rest (community, development league & captions for games ) can still go on but don’t get excited by any of this anymore.

11 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

A thing about profile checks - it's incredibly easy to hit profile instead of the latest post icon on phones and tablets. 

Agreed. But not with Mr Marsh. Not that often. He likes to indulge in adolescent personal insults (probably because he’s an excitable kid). He really needs to cut it out and grow up a bit.

6 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The marketing team do a great job with advertisement etc but all I want and care about is a first team that’s good to watch and wins games.

The rest (community, development league & captions for games ) can still go on but don’t get excited by any of this anymore.

I think that’s right for the vast majority of us. It’s how the first team are doing that matters, and everything else is peripheral or of no interest whatsoever.

I don't mind giving away free tickets to the games, as long as it's community teams rather than the random school kids that haven't got a clue about the rules of football.

Still can't get the school kids chanting for a penalty from 20 yards out against QoS last season whilst in the same stand as the away fans.

I know what folk are saying about a winning team but go in to the Vic or the mariner when the old firm are playing and listen to the "banter" anything that turns kids from the old firm to us is worth doing, marketing, community teams right through to the first team.

If it was all about the first team, results and winning stuff then there wouldn't be many falkirk fans! It's about where you come from and it all matters. COYB!!

I can just imagine the amount of moaning and whinging we would get from some quarters if the club wasn't trying to attract sponsorship, advertising etc. Some of it appears a wee bit OTT at times but it doesn't worry me one bit and if it's doing anything at all to bring in some cash then it can only be good.

Having supported Falkirk since 1968 it's probably no surprise that none of the marketing stuff they do makes one iota of difference to me though.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Regarding the marketing, I think those guys do an amazing job. All the trucks and hot tubs get people talking about us, and look around the stadium the next time you're there. Pretty much every square centimetre is covered in logos.

But to people like me and many others on here that has absolutely no impact on the chances of us going to the match on a Saturday or not. It's not for us.

I do agree that the sales and marketing team are very active and that is to be applauded but at the end of the day the best salesman for the club is an entertaining, winning team on the park.

Listen to aw these c***s whinging about the clubs marketing gimmicks!! How many times do we hear “without fans football is nothing “ ffs same applies to us . Professional sports must have a market or they cant exist . For us thats a paying audience .
There will be times when we have an entertaining winning team and there will be times when we are howling for many seasons on the trot like now . Thats the kind of club we are . Even when we have a good team we wont have enough money to make sure our succession planning gets us proven players and managers so we’ll have to take a punt and sometimes we”ll get it wrong and end up in the 2nd tier for 8 or more seasons . I thought you knew this?

The gimmick stuff is nonsense and the club gets rightfully hammered for it but if the money generated goes into getting us promoted I couldn’t give a shit.
In terms of community involvement I think we have to be one of the best in the country, and it’s good to see us fighting against the pull of the old firm.

I agree except i dont think the old firm are that much of a pull for young people who arent brought up in it , the pull is big high quality televised leagues like england and spain & the champions league . Unless we invent some massive ground breaking new coaching method for young players to play amazing fitbaw then we cant possibly compete .
How do you get away with charging 20 quid a skull to watch really bad quality football in the long term ? Sinple answer you cant.
A. Make it cheaper and hope more go .
B. Invest in the team for success and worry about the future another day.
C. Adopt an athlitic bilboa (sp) signing policy and make the playing squad really represent the local area come rain or shine .
D. Do nothing and hope we get an easy season with no big teams in the championship soon .

What would you do if you were in charge ?

I agree except i dont think the old firm are that much of a pull for young people who arent brought up in it , the pull is big high quality televised leagues like england and spain & the champions league . Unless we invent some massive ground breaking new coaching method for young players to play amazing fitbaw then we cant possibly compete .
How do you get away with charging 20 quid a skull to watch really bad quality football in the long term ? Sinple answer you cant.
A. Make it cheaper and hope more go .
B. Invest in the team for success and worry about the future another day.
C. Adopt an athlitic bilboa (sp) signing policy and make the playing squad really represent the local area come rain or shine .
D. Do nothing and hope we get an easy season with no big teams in the championship soon .

What would you do if you were in charge ?
I really like the idea of c.

Guest Back Post Misses
I agree with this, can't blame the marketing department for the teams failures.
Even though a lot of it is daft it does seem like they've tried everything they can to add a bit more interest to the games. 

I am certainly not blaming the general marketing. Their job has been made so difficult due to the shite that has been on the pitch