The Falkirk FC Thread

Why would he say he is going then? Shadwell is a man of his word, he was thorough about Alex Harris, and I have no reason to believe he is lying to the members on this forum.

Don’t think he was lying. Just think that people have the right to change their minds in time.
I don’t know that he will, just think he might eventually, that’s all.

Who is everyone's player of the year so far, appreciate it has overall been a massive let down but has there been any decent players throughout the shite? McGhee has been class above for me, we should try and get him signed up for next season asap.

I’d give it to Longridge. More because of that performance against the DABs, as that is what I think spurred us onto a good run after the disappointment at Dunfermline.
Jakubiak and McGhee both close though.

Jordan McGhee and Tom Taiwo are the only 2 that deserve any credit for the first half of the season. As for the second half you can add Louis Longridge, Craig Sibbald and Alex Jakubiak into the mix.

I’d probably just edge it to Jordan McGhee. f**k knows just how awful our defence would’ve been without him this season.

18 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Who is everyone's player of the year so far, appreciate it has overall been a massive let down but has there been any decent players throughout the shite? McGhee has been class above for me, we should try and get him signed up for next season asap.

Hopefully far too early to know who should get it but, thus far, I think McGhee, Robson, Sibbs, Longridge, Jakubiak and Nelson could all be in with a shout.

Taiwo for me. Everyone else either hasnt performed consistently enough, or wasnt involved at the time where Taiwo was the only one showing any heart amongst a squad of gutless fannies.

He stood tall when we were shockingly bad, and has retained his status even when we improved. He deserves the recognition.

I find longridge an incredibly frustrating player to be honest. He clearly possesses the right attributes and has contributed well in a number of notable games however I find myself regularly pissed at him for holding onto the ball too long or being too greedy at times. He is very inconsistent in my eyes despite a few absolute stand out performances.

I find longridge an incredibly frustrating player to be honest. He clearly possesses the right attributes and has contributed well in a number of notable games however I find myself regularly pissed at him for holding onto the ball too long or being too greedy at times. He is very inconsistent in my eyes despite a few absolute stand out performances.

Tbh, I think just about everyone, including Taiwo recently, has been inconsistent at points this season, which makes it difficult to pick an individual.
However the biggest individual performance this season came from Longridge which is why I picked him over the others.
But just about everyone mentioned (except Harris), is a genuine contender imo. I think we will need to see who stands out over the next few weeks before settling on anyone.

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm positive you had a Falkirk fan in the last year say "chinky" on this board when he was referring to a Chinese takeaway. He admitted the error of his ways though. 

Been a bad year on PnB for posters not knowing what terms would be considered racist. 

That was me.

Gutted Shadwell couldn't be convinced to stay. Would love to see him & Jimmy sort it out, in the centre circle with Queensberry Rules, at the next non-derby.

I can picture it now: 85, decked out in Stone Island & Adidas, bouncing around delivering his repertoire of smug, millennial sneering remarks. Shads, looking magnificent in an old-school combo of Chipie jeans & Armani zip-up roll neck, strolls up to him and decks the Fifer without breaking stride before folding a newspaper under his arm and heading to the bogs for a shite.