The Falkirk FC Thread

I saw exactly what happened as it played out. Shadwell used a term through ignorance rather than malice when describing a picture of japanese fashion. Then Jimmy was all over it with his moral claymore swinging about how outraged he was. Lured shadwell into further ignorant statements. Mods seen it deleted it. Jimmy accuses shadwell of being a klan member and involved in lynchings. Shadwell resigns. 

I think shadwell is of the older generation, not up to date with do's and donts. What he said was wrong. No denying that. I don't he was trying to offend anyone. 

23 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Lured shadwell into further ignorant statements.

Yes, he was goaded into making racist comments. It’s almost as if he had no choice.

18 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Undercover all this time.

679834C0-3E09-470B-99E7-BD07170CADFF.jpeg

“Youz are pure as bad!!!!!”

The Old Firm defence.  It’s ok to call someone a racist cretin even if he supports the same football club as you, Gav.

Robert Nellies is a racist scumbag. It’s not difficult. 

Edited by Jimmy85

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm probably getting sucked in here, but I'll bite anyway. Is "Jap" a clear racist term? I have no idea. I don't know any Japanese people to ask if it would offend them. I might even use the term myself, in a text message for quickness, and if I did so I wouldn't have any racist motives. It would simply be a description of a group of people.

Some "descriptive" words are well-known to be unacceptable nowadays, such as nigger and paki. Probably chinki too. Fair enough. Personally, I was unaware that Jap was on that list. What about Yank, Aussie, Taffy & Jock? Weegie, Fifer & Bairn? Ginger, bald & skinny?

As the sensible posters above have pointed out, it's all about context. I saw nothing in the original post to imply malice so yes, you were trolling.

It's a shame if you've caused Shadwell to leave. As I'd have loved to have seen his reaction after Alex Harris scored a hat-trick against you in early April.

I assumed he must have used the n*p word. Don't know which is worse really. Or if either is offensive to Japanese people. They call us Gaijin I believe. Going to Japan soon so I better make up my mind whether to be offended or not.

10 hours ago, Gaz said:

Apart from children, I don't believe there is a person alive in the UK who doesn't know that Paki and Chinky are racist, derogatory terms.

Ergo, anyone who uses them is doing so in a racist, derogatory manner.

It's not long ago that I discovered that referring to a Chinese restaurant as the Chinky is offensive. Didn't use it myself but didn't think people who did were being racist. Cottoned on pretty quickly in my youth that people who referred to the corner shop as the paki shop were racists though, so I must just be a bit slow on picking up on Oriental slurs and sensitivities.

15 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think we've been Keyser Soze'd here by Shadwell, masterplan to get this glorious thread removed.

Anyways, what's the best way tonights results could go for us to get us back up the league? Draws all round and maybe a livi win?

Brechin win. 

I think we've been Keyser Soze'd here by Shadwell, masterplan to get this glorious thread removed.

Anyways, what's the best way tonights results could go for us to get us back up the league? Draws all round and maybe a livi win?

If we believe we have a chance of fourth place it’s only a Morton loss that really matters.
Given that we are going to have to win the vast majority of our remaining games to make fourth, I am pretty confident we would catch the teams below Morton outside the playoffs in doing so.
It’s unlikely, but we should really still be ambitious enough to aim for that at this point.

10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I'm probably getting sucked in here, but I'll bite anyway. Is "Jap" a clear racist term? I have no idea. I don't know any Japanese people to ask if it would offend them. I might even use the term myself, in a text message for quickness, and if I did so I wouldn't have any racist motives. It would simply be a description of a group of people.

Some "descriptive" words are well-known to be unacceptable nowadays, such as nigger and paki. Probably chinki too. Fair enough. Personally, I was unaware that Jap was on that list. What about Yank, Aussie, Taffy & Jock? Weegie, Fifer & Bairn? Ginger, bald & skinny?

As the sensible posters above have pointed out, it's all about context. I saw nothing in the original post to imply malice so yes, you were trolling.

It's a shame if you've caused Shadwell to leave. As I'd have loved to have seen his reaction after Alex Harris scored a hat-trick against you in early April.

Descriptive words? 'Nigger' is a descriptive term? And is unacceptable 'nowadays' despite being unacceptable for literally centuries? And 'probably' 'chinky a racist term that has been used for decades?

'Jap' has also been a racist term for decades. How do folk not know this?