The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What did Shadwell say?

He had second thoughts about justifying the use of a certain racial abbreviations. Sadly for him he was unable to outsmart the quote function when he had a change of heart and tried to backtrack. Shame as I always find he’s a goodbye lad when we meet at the Klan rallies. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

He had second thoughts about justifying the use of a certain racial abbreviations. Sadly for him he was unable to outsmart the quote function when he had a change of heart and tried to backtrack. Shame as I always find he’s a goodbye lad when we meet at the Klan rallies. 

Was it ban/warning worthy or just hounding worthy? Shame to see him go I had warmed to him this season despite his constant moaning the last two years, he had begun to settle in to this seasons routine of Bairns fans absolutely slamming other folk all over the forum....

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Was it ban/warning worthy or just hounding worthy? Shame to see him go I had warmed to him this season despite his constant moaning the last two years, he had begun to settle in to this seasons routine of Bairns fans absolutely slamming other folk all over the forum....

It was a lesser spotted Monday morning resignation/flounce out on a “PC gone mad” ticket. The whole chat was culled.

10 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Which thread did this happen on?

That’s the beauty of it. Early on a Monday morning on a thread about shite strips (Stevie Wonder thread). It’s all gone - no trace except a reprimand from Mr X

That’s the beauty of it. Early on a Monday morning on a thread about shite strips (Stevie Wonder thread). It’s all gone - no trace except a reprimand from Mr X

Ach well, personally sad to see him go.
It’s all about opinions on here and whilst I rarely agreed with him I did enjoy the debate that he often provoked.
I obviously don’t know what was said but if the context was an ill judged joke rather than genuine intent it does look a bit severe imo.

He basically said it was PC gone mad that he couldn’t use terms such as ‘Japs’ and ‘Paki’ on here. 
He was a pretty decent troll but when you resort to blatant racism it’s time to go. 

Hmm, even my PC v common sense perspective could not argue with that sadly...

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Hmm, even my PC v common sense perspective could not argue with that sadly...

I dont think its as bad as the drama that was afore it......Im not offended being called a Scot which is shortened version of which is stated

But today's world of being PC,  its not the done thing. I really thought it was more than the above and I wouldn't call anyone a racist using the terms but I wouldn't use such myself and shouldn't be used on a public forum.

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I obviously don’t know what was said but if the context was an ill judged joke rather than genuine intent it does look a bit severe imo.

I saw a couple of the posts. On one he referred to "Japs" instead of Japanese, I think in comparing our old checkerboard strip to a picture of a Japanese fashion launch where the models wore something remarkably similar to that old top.

A fifer troll - possibly Jimmy - pulled him up for it.

He responded by stating (paraphrasing here) that it was an abbreviation such as "Scot" instead of "Scotsman".

The fifer then asked if that meant "Paki" was an acceptable abbreviation for "Pakistani". (again I'm paraphrasing).

No idea what was said after that.

I dont think its as bad as the drama that was afore it......Im not offended being called a Scot which is shortened version of which is stated
But today's world of being PC,  its not the done thing. I really thought it was more than the above and I wouldn't call anyone a racist using the terms but I wouldn't use such myself and shouldn't be used on a public forum.

I’ve said it many times before, but whilst it should always be done with caution and common sense, it’s not so much about what is said, more about the context of what was intended.
I genuinely feel nowadays that so many people set out to be offended.
In saying that, much as I am sad to see him go, it does look like he was pushing his luck if he thought you could or should be able to use such terms in today’s society.

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The fifer then asked if that meant "Paki" was an acceptable abbreviation for "Pakistani". (again I'm paraphrasing).

Wait a minute here, pulling someone up for using racist terms is trolling? :lol: 

As for the second part, his answer was yes, ‘Paki’ is an acceptable abbreviation. 

I saw a couple of the posts. On one he referred to "Japs" instead of Japanese, I think in comparing our old checkerboard strip to a picture of a Japanese fashion launch where the models wore something remarkably similar to that old top.
He responded by stating (paraphrasing here) that it was an abbreviation such as "Scot" instead of "Scotsman".

Quite simply, whilst I see his perspective, you cannot use these terms anymore because they have been used time and time again in a racially motivated derogatory fashion.
In saying that, to me, there’s nothing racist about asking the question. The context is not to deliberately offend based on the above.
Then again, we don’t know exactly what was said....

Wait a minute here, pulling someone up for using racist terms is trolling? :lol: 
As for the second part, his answer was yes, ‘Paki’ is an acceptable abbreviation. 

Yes, I am sure you are just an entirely innocent bystander, Jimmy.

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Quite simply, whilst I see his perspective, you cannot use these terms anymore because they have been used time and time again in a racially motivated derogatory fashion.
In saying that, to me, there’s nothing racist about asking the question. The context is not to deliberately offend based on the above.
Then again, we don’t know exactly what was said....

I guess Mr X and the other mods considered the tone and context when they elected to simply delete the conversation and issue no warning points or banning. Everyone should know better than to use those words though. Even people who think they are acceptable should recognise that society at large does not. That said, context does matter and saying it does not automatically make someone racist. They should allow themselves to be educated into not using it though.... Use it twice and I am likely to consider you a racist.

20 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Are you really likening the word Scot being short for Scottish to Paki being short for Pakistani?

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yes, I am sure you are just an entirely innocent bystander, Jimmy.

I absolutely was. I called a poster out on using a clear racist term.  I’m not sure how that can be considered trolling at all tbh.