New CB
McGhee 
Robson 

Taiwo
Sibbald 
New CM

Longridge 
Jakubiak 

Keep Nelson as a sub. Empty everyone else. We can do better than Tumilty. 

I would get shot of all defenders and Thomson except McGhee and Robson.

Keep Sibbald in midfield and possibly Kidd, but not that fussed.

Keep Longridge, Jak ( if we could )and Nelson

The rest are meh for me. Taiwo proved again yesterday (just like at Rugby Park 2 years ago) he is not good enough at a higher level so IMO not good enough either to get us there. Muirhead the same.

Whatever a massive summer re-build is required.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
43 minutes ago, gannonball said:
Hows Hazard been doing with yous? I see he was dropped for the cup game.

Couldnt understand why that was as Hazard has been doing fine although hasnt been majorly tested yet.

I'm wondering if PH will re-instate him on Saturday as I believe that Morton score a fair number of their goals from set pieces? Although we've not really seen him prove it yet I'm sure he'll be better than Thomson at claiming crosses.

Guest Back Post Misses
Hows Hazard been doing with yous? I see he was dropped for the cup game.

I was shocked and disappointed he was dropped tbh. Not been really tested yet so it would have been good to see how he coped.

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The rest are meh for me. Taiwo proved again yesterday (just like at Rugby Park 2 years ago) he is not good enough at a higher level so IMO not good enough either to get us there. Muirhead the same.

Possibly one of the most agreeable posts you’ve made in all these years. Though I’d rather keep Taiwo than Kidd. Kidd would be on my empty list based on what I’ve seen. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Possibly one of the most agreeable posts you’ve made in all these years. Though I’d rather keep Taiwo than Kidd. Kidd would be on my empty list based on what I’ve seen. 

Good for you to admit how wrong you have been for years [emoji6]

43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hope you've got your hard hat on re Taiwo. I think you're being a touch harsh, but I have felt for a while that he's one of our most overrated players of the last 10 years. He's 6/10 at everything. A solid option but not this hero that people seem to portray him as.

If we're playing the back five I think one of Muirhead/Grant does a job as a centre back, with the other a decent option off the bench. Completely agree that we could improve on both but I think they're reasonable enough players at this level. Based on the last two years or so, I'd jettison both instantly if we went up.

I tend to think people are overstating the rebuild required to go from where we currently are (shite but high in the form table) to actually winning this league. The league is fucking dross lets face it. If we had Rory Loy playing how Rory Loy can play, one more quality CH and one dynamic physical midfielder wed have a first 11 capable of skelping this league. Hartley has a big job, but a good bit of it has been done. The guys who perform well for us (Taiwo, Sibbs, Louis, McGhee, Nelson, Jak) are more than capable of doing the job. We need to replace some deadwood squad wise, and Hartley needs to do it wisely.

What people need to remember is that whats required to win the Championship vs whats required to scrape survival in the Premiership are widely different.

Lets worry about one first, then the other.

Guest Back Post Misses
I tend to think people are overstating the rebuild required to go from where we currently are (shite but high in the form table) to actually winning this league. The league is fucking dross lets face it. If we had Rory Loy playing how Rory Loy can play, one more quality CH and one dynamic physical midfielder wed have a first 11 capable of skelping this league. Hartley has a big job, but a good bit of it has been done. The guys who perform well for us (Taiwo, Sibbs, Louis, McGhee, Nelson, Jak) are more than capable of doing the job. We need to replace some deadwood squad wise, and Hartley needs to do it wisely.

What people need to remember is that whats required to win the Championship vs whats required to scrape survival in the Premiership are widely different.

Lets worry about one first, then the other.

If we want to win this league, and I think that is Hartley and the CEO’s aim then I don’t think it is an understatement TBH.

By all accounts Hartley is well down the track of identifying what he needs, which is not surprise considering we are paying money for an English scout now.

The problem with Taiwo is his injuries from over he years are now catching up with him.

He’s been out a bit this season, played well when he got fit again, got injured again and in my opinion isn’t fully fit (hence his withdrawal from the games recently).

He’s the only guy we have that can do what he does. But he needs to be 100% fit.

The only players I’d be definitely keeping regardless of contracts or availability are McGhee, Robson, Taiwo, Sibbs, Longridge and Jak. Everyone else playing for a contract till end of the season.

Still this for me. 1 of Hazard/Thompson/Mitchell (all 3 good backup in this league, 1 of Grant/Muirhead and Nelson the closest to joining this club.

12 hours ago, Crawford Baptie said:

The problem with Taiwo is his injuries from over he years are now catching up with him.

He’s been out a bit this season, played well when he got fit again, got injured again and in my opinion isn’t fully fit (hence his withdrawal from the games recently).

He’s the only guy we have that can do what he does. But he needs to be 100% fit.

I agree. It doesnt help him that hes the only member of our midfield who has the balls to put a decent tackle in.  Play him alongside a will Vaulks and we wouldnt be so keen to bin him.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I agree. It doesnt help him that hes the only member of our midfield who has the balls to put a decent tackle in.  Play him alongside a will Vaulks and we wouldnt be so keen to bin him.

Totally agree, he`s got to be well down the pecking order for going. He`s picked up injuries because of his combative style and probably been used too  often when not fully fit. It`s the rest of the midfield that needs "beefed up".

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Totally agree, he`s got to be well down the pecking order for going. He`s picked up injuries because of his combative style and probably been used too  often when not fully fit. It`s the rest of the midfield that needs "beefed up".

Let's not forget that some of his Falkirk career has been spent being played on the right wing, because....Houston?

Was just thinking about the kind of team we could field if the unthinkable happened and we dropped a league.

Based on the standard of player that the budget would probably allow and those left who's deals extend to next season, we could be looking at something like:

Thomson

Muirhead, McCracken, Watson, Dick

Harris, Blues, McKee, Stowe

Loy, O'Hara

And Scott Shepherd on the bench.

:o

Was just thinking about the kind of team we could field if the unthinkable happened and we dropped a league.
Based on the standard of player that the budget would probably allow and those left who's deals extend to next season, we could be looking at something like:
Thomson
Loy, O'Hara
[emoji33]

Not really getting this lol.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thomson

Loy, O'Hara

:o

I had a similar thought when thinking about McKee's goal at Tannadice in the playoffs. Imagine in some parallel universe we'd gone up and started the opening day of the season with this:

Thomson

Muirhead Gasparotto Grant McGhee

Harris Taiwo Kerr Sibbald

Austin Loy

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I had a similar thought when thinking about McKee's goal at Tannadice in the playoffs. Imagine in some parallel universe we'd gone up and started the opening day of the season with this:

Thomson

Austin Loy

*Shudder*

TBF, I think even Houstie would have brought in a bit more quality with the increase in budget that he would have had. Wouldn't have put my house on it right enough!

40 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Thomson

Austin Loy

On the plus side Hippo in over Harris, on the down side McGhee wasn't here till later and we would likely have played Gallacher