Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, GMBairn said:

We still looked vulnerable at the back today, particularly at set pieces and if Morton had a bit of luck in front of goal we might have got nothing from that game. Could still use a better quality CB and a GK I think. I think we will make a lot of changes for the cup game next weekend since it's pretty fucking irrelevant in comparison to not going down so I wonder if any of the squad members or new guys will impress enough to push for a place in the league starting 11.

I agree we looked dodgy at set pieces today, but Morton created less than heehaw from open play, which was encouraging 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I agree we looked dodgy at set pieces today, but Morton created less than heehaw from open play, which was encouraging 

 

Didn’t think it was only set pieces, I think 3-5-2 works well at home when we are on top of the opposition. We got away with it at times today and we got badly punished at ICT.

 

I think Hartley needs to look at whether we need to move back to 4-4-2 for some away matches although a quality goalkeeper would certainly help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Didn’t think it was only set pieces, I think 3-5-2 works well at home when we are on top of the opposition. We got away with it at times today and we got badly punished at ICT.

I think Hartley needs to look at whether we need to move back to 4-4-2 for some away matches although a quality goalkeeper would certainly help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this game emphasised the fact that we'll do ok against teams that are as lightweight as us in the middle of the park . We dominated that area today and that then allowed our ball players to do what they do best. Against ICT and the pars we couldn' do that and were turned over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think this game emphasised the fact that we'll do ok against teams that are as lightweight as us in the middle of the park . We dominated that area today and that then allowed our ball players to do what they do best. Against ICT and the pars we couldn' do that and were turned over.

very much agree with this SD;  the discussion on toughening up our midfield with a Davie Nicholls type has been running for, what, 3 seasons now?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

very much agree with this SD;  the discussion on toughening up our midfield with a Davie Nicholls type has been running for, what, 3 seasons now?  

Crawford Baptie and Jim Shirra.  Is that tough enough for you ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just thinking that I feel it's imperative that we try to keep Tumilty or get someone of equal ability in as I don't think that we have anyone else that can play RWB using our recent formation. Hopefully we can keep him although he may well be out next week due to injury anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Smokiejohn said:

Always wanted to visit Cappielow 

Open with a joke eh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Was just thinking that I feel it's imperative that we try to keep Tumilty or get someone of equal ability in as I don't think that we have anyone else that can play RWB using our recent formation. Hopefully we can keep him although he may well be out next week due to injury anyway.


Injury or not, I’d still be keen for us to keep him. He fits into our team really well and is one of our most effective players going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Open with a joke eh


In hindsight , kinda wish we’d jumped in with Falkirk support ... looked like you were having more fun in the rain on that “traditional terracing”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


In hindsight , kinda wish we’d jumped in with Falkirk support ... looked like you were having more fun in the rain on that “traditional terracing”


It was as much fun as it's possible to have in Greenock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once I did the walk from Cartsdyke to Cappielow and actually got in the ground I figured I was as wet as I could get so just stood behind the goal cold and miserable.

Worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Once I did the walk from Cartsdyke to Cappielow and actually got in the ground I figured I was as wet as I could get so just stood behind the goal cold and miserable.
Worth it.


Fair play to you ... enjoyed watching the young team (and some old) skip down the terraces when you scored .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smokiejohn said:

 


Fair play to you ... enjoyed watching the young team (and some old) skip down the terraces when you scored .

 

I would have joined them but I'd end up tumbling down and making a right scene.

Instead I did the Cricket applause of jolly good show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would have joined them but I'd end up tumbling down and making a right scene.
Instead I did the Cricket applause of jolly good show


Gotta stay classy ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2018 at 20:40, printer said:

 


You can kid a lot of Falkirk's fans - they are idiots, as a lot if their posts on here show.

 

You should relly proof read your posts before calling anyone an idiot, you yokel from the ochils.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

You should relly proof read your posts before calling anyone an idiot, you yokel from the ochils.

 

Absolutely guaranteed whenever you criticise someone's spelling and/or grammar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2018 at 17:34, Russ said:

 


Pretty sure it’s in the summer but I’d imagine he’ll be happy to stay.

Does pick up quite a few injured but he’s absolutely vital to the team when he’s fit. Like a different team when he plays.

Absolutely fucking love him.

 

Obviously my sample size is extremely small having only seen Falkirk in your three games with Morton this season and how appallingly bad we were on Saturday has to be taken into account, but Taiwo is the player who made all the difference in those games.

In our win we had the run of the midfield and absolutely ran over the top of you with no resistance from Craigen and Kerr. In the two games at Cappielow Taiwo has been everywhere, he's not allowed our midfield to settle into the game and you've taken control as a result. Obviously other players have played well but Taiwo is the one who's given them the platform to do it. If he stays fit you're staying up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously my sample size is extremely small having only seen Falkirk in your three games with Morton this season and how appallingly bad we were on Saturday has to be taken into account, but Taiwo is the player who made all the difference in those games.

In our win we had the run of the midfield and absolutely ran over the top of you with no resistance from Craigen and Kerr. In the two games at Cappielow Taiwo has been everywhere, he's not allowed our midfield to settle into the game and you've taken control as a result. Obviously other players have played well but Taiwo is the one who's given them the platform to do it. If he stays fit you're staying up.

That's the problem when it comes to Tom, keeping him fit .  When he's fit and playing there's very few defensive midfielders in the league better than him.  Mind you there's few in the league if any that have seen a couple of million pounds spent on them in the past so you would expect him to be a class act in this league. Unfortunately for a defensive mid he gets injured far too often and we have very little cover when it comes to that type of player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×