The Falkirk FC Thread

Confirmation if it was needed that there is barely a man in our squad good enough to lead us to a convincing league win next season and actually carry us into the premier league with any hope of staying up.

I wonder just how many of this lot will survive the summer. 

Confirmation if it was needed that there is barely a man in our squad good enough to lead us to a convincing league win next season and actually carry us into the premier league with any hope of staying up.
If the January window was anything to go by I think we will hardly recognise the team come the start of next season.

I would definitely keep McGhee.

42 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Tbf I think we knew this long before today. The fact that Pea Heart Harris has slithered his way back into the squad, and today, onto the park, sums up the utter poverty of our squad.  If we are remotely serious about making any sort of challenge this season, the number of players to be retained will be comfortably counted on the finger of one hand.

44 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If the January window was anything to go by I think we will hardly recognise the team come the start of next season.

I would definitely keep McGhee.

Yeah, would keep him and Robson from that back 5 but would replace the rest along with the goalie. The rest will do a job until the end of the season but that's it really.

47 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Usually agree with your posts, but this needs a bit of perspective. St Mirren and Dundee Utd both had similar scorelines away to Aberdeen this season and they're the champions elect and play-off candidates. Today shouldn't have any bearing on the rest of our season or who we recruit next season. Like it or not, Rangers a level or two above what we need to be next season. 

Today was exactly what it was, 2nd in the Premier league playing a struggling championship team. That's not to say I'm happy with the result or performance but we need to be realistic. I think it showed what we've known all season, that our keeper and defence aren't good enough. I'll be surprised if there's many of our back line here come August

I thought we played ok, defence let us down badly. 1st goal was ridiculous, why did no one close him down. Midfield weren’t really up to much either, I think Kidd would of helped Taiwo and Sibbald in there. Seasons pretty much over now.

5 minutes ago, spud131 said:

Today was exactly what it was, 2nd in the Premier league playing a struggling championship team. That's not to say I'm happy with the result or performance but we need to be realistic. I think it showed what we've known all season, that our keeper and defence aren't good enough. I'll be surprised if there's many of our back line here come August

Spud Thompson was Exellent today, Sibbald on the other hand was utter dross and couldn't pass a ball five yards even if he could get near it, I'll agree the defence are a mess but open your eyes, so are the whole team, the boy from Sunderland should maybe take up Athletics because he has zero football skills. 

Seasons pretty much over now.

Dumbarton have 2 games in hand and you have to play each other yet as well. Given the gap is 9 points I think it's pretty arrogant to assume the season is over for you just yet.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

the only good thing that comes out of drawing the old firm away from home is that the war chest will be supplemented for Hartley this summer. 34000 at the game and tv rights must mean a really decent chunk of cash as well as quarter final money

Hartley with money, I dread to think how that will work out. 

We could put in a cheeky £1.000 Offer in for Morelos and risk being out bid bye a Junior team. 

Spud Thompson was Exellent today, Sibbald on the other hand was utter dross and couldn't pass a ball five yards even if he could get near it, I'll agree the defence are a mess but open your eyes, so are the whole team, the boy from Sunderland should maybe take up Athletics because he has zero football skills. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, nowhere did I say the rest of the team was brilliant except the defence and keeper.

Next year I'd be looking at 
New keeper

New RB
Muirhead/Grant
New CB
McGhee 
Robson 

Taiwo
Sibbald 
New CM

Longridge 
Jakubiak 

Keep Nelson as a sub. Empty everyone else. We can do better than Tumilty. 

I am not entirely sure we should be trying to work out next season’s squad based on a performance against Rangers. We won’t be up against that level next season and some players took to the occasion and lineup better than others today.
It was interesting to see how far away from the top of the Premiership we are, and it’s a long way.
For example, Tumilty does not defend well but he’s good going forward at Championship level.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Dumbarton have 2 games in hand and you have to play each other yet as well. Given the gap is 9 points I think it's pretty arrogant to assume the season is over for you just yet.

Yep that Dumbarton team who can't score and haven't won a league game since the first week in November.

More chance of Queens winning the league than Dumbarton finishing above 9th

That team you mention has pretty much dragged us clear of relegation this season. Thomson has cost us vital points as part of that, although overall he was good today.

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I am not entirely sure we should be trying to work out next season’s squad based on a performance against Rangers. We won’t be up against that level next season and some players took to the occasion and lineup better than others today.
It was interesting to see how far away from the top of the Premiership we are, and it’s a long way.
For example, Tumilty does not defend well but he’s good going forward at Championship level.

At no stage did I say it was based on the Rangers game. If it was then Robson would be working in Greggs in Sunderland.