Jump to content
Kris.

The Falkirk FC Thread

Recommended Posts

Rumour on the BBC rumours page that Tony Gallagher is training with Liverpool this week with a view to a move!!!!! (I know these rumours are usually complete nonsense, but still..)
 
 


Hmm, it’s quoting an article in ‘The Sun’...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trump said:

Ryan Flynn has left Oldham and available on a free, would you take him back?

Whilst Alex Harris is still getting game time for us; I'd take back a lot of players.  I think he's off to St Mirren going by their thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryan Flynn has left Oldham and available on a free, would you take him back?


100% but I'm not sure he'd fit into Hartleys system at the moment.

He's had a decent career down south, if he was coming back up I'd imagine he's be heading to the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


100% but I'm not sure he'd fit into Hartleys system at the moment.

He's had a decent career down south, if he was coming back up I'd imagine he's be heading to the Premiership.

He is :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, harry94 said:

Just out of curiosity, why do Falkirk fans really dislike Kevin McBride? He can't have been that bad to get a move to Hibs?

He was a reasonable player with us and seemed to have his head screwed on by all accounts.

He also on occasion kept Arnau Riera out of the team, which was a crime in itself.

He did the square root of f**k all for us, he called us the worst fans ever, and I remember a bit in the papers as well about how all the 'boo-boys' were wrong and Kevin was a great player - every time he played after that we all knew it was two-fingers from Yogi to the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Trump said:

Ryan Flynn has left Oldham and available on a free, would you take him back?

Yes and No.  He's a good wee player but is not what we need for a relegation battle, nor for Hartley's system it would appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not convinced Hartley will stick with the 3 at the back. It has been shambolic at times and without injury prone Taiwo in the team we are far too open. 

If he is sticking with the formation I'd expect to see the same starting 11 that we had against Dundee Utd for today's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, harry94 said:

Just out of curiosity, why do Falkirk fans really dislike Kevin McBride? He can't have been that bad to get a move to Hibs?

He was a reasonable player with us and seemed to have his head screwed on by all accounts.

I think we spent around 6 months to a year trying to sign him, I will never forget his debut, blowing out his arse and at the sidelines puffing on his inhaler, this was when he was on the right hand side of midfield.

He was one of these players that didnt do anything, he wanted to take the ball from the centre halves and pass it sideways whilst he had no pressure on him, put pressure on him and he is was a mess of a player. He was hounded out the team in our near relegation season after Killie destroyed us 3-0 going on 10, we lost 1 game in 6 till the end of the season without him

2 hours ago, spud131 said:

Rumour on the BBC rumours page that Tony Gallagher is training with Liverpool this week with a view to a move!!!!! (I know these rumours are usually complete nonsense, but still..)

 

 

If he gets a move to anyone that is above our level currently, it will be as good as getting 100k for David Elliot or the deal that seen us get a six figure fee for Eddie May and get McGrillen and Kirk into the deal.

He has seriously looked out his depth at the simple factors of the game this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oot_the_loop said:

He also on occasion kept Arnau Riera out of the team, which was a crime in itself.

He did the square root of f**k all for us, he called us the worst fans ever, and I remember a bit in the papers as well about how all the 'boo-boys' were wrong and Kevin was a great player - every time he played after that we all knew it was two-fingers from Yogi to the fans.

Also McBride's daddy was one of Yogi's coaches, so he was the archetypal teacher's pet, but did absolutely nothing to justify it, never mind be automatic choice in the team. He was utterly horrific; sloth-slow, with a repertoire comprising entirely of square ball, 2 yard passes... Yogi called it "nice and tidy" when actually all it did was kill time for the opposition to get back into formation, so the only passages of play he broke up, if that was in theory his job, were our own attacks.  Complete waster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Russ said:

 


Pretty sure it’s in the summer but I’d imagine he’ll be happy to stay.

Does pick up quite a few injured but he’s absolutely vital to the team when he’s fit. Like a different team when he plays.

Absolutely fucking love him.

 

You can see why Chelsea paid a few million for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Russ said:

 


Pretty sure it’s in the summer but I’d imagine he’ll be happy to stay.

Does pick up quite a few injured but he’s absolutely vital to the team when he’s fit. Like a different team when he plays.

Absolutely fucking love him.

 

Yep. Some real man love for Tommy T from myself aswell. The way he plays is infectious. I just love having him in our team and watching him break the hearts of other midfields as they realise they can do f**k all without him hounding them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just out of curiosity, why do Falkirk fans really dislike Kevin McBride?


It's only the idiots in their support that hated him. Guys that don't understand the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

He also on occasion kept Arnau Riera out of the team, which was a crime in itself.

Absolutely this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, printer said:

 


It's only the idiots in their support that hated him. Guys that don't understand the game.

 

We’ve found Kevin McBride’s Da! 

He was awful, a holding midfielder with no dig and couldn’t tackle. 

Spare me your pseudo Yogi Pish too, you don’t know what your watching, he fills the spaces well........ blah blah.  You cannot kid the fans, good players and triers  get support, shit players get stick. Kevin Mcbride deserved every single boo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't the Falkirk fans used to liken him to a traffic cone?

Anyway, going by today's performance,  unless Dumbarton sign a couple of players, I think you'll be safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×