The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm a bit torn on this - he's a bang average Championship player who will give his all, knows the club and is match fit, but there's surely a better option out there somewhere that could've come in on that wage. I suppose if we're gambling a bit on other players (Welsh's fitness, the Sunderland twins being ready for grown up football) then a solid-ish 5/10 signing is a bit of risk mitigation.

20 minutes ago, smpar said:

He's the one who should have been sent off for lashing out at big Jock M'Voto, after the big man forced him to dribble the ball about 40 yards back to his own goal. 

How sensitive are Dunfermline fans, by the way.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:
2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
Kerr, Miller, Watson, Loy, Harris, McKee. Take your pick.

We'll take Miller or Loy please.

Loy is one of the highest paid at the club so you've no chance unfortunately. A factor that will probably mean we are stuck with him sadly.  Miller would be more realistic but i doubt he would want to go part time. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Loy is one of the highest paid at the club so you've no chance unfortunately. A factor that will probably mean we are stuck with him sadly.  Miller would be more realistic but i doubt he would want to go part time. 

Aye, we've not got a chance of getting Loy. Is Miller definitely being punted? I can't see another f/t club going for him at his age, and he has a (distant) family connection with DFC.

Just a wee warning, the tweets below feature some very BBM type Tweeting, and a seriously dodgy hashtag.

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Couldn't prove himself in the Premiership. 

Alright Championship player.

Enjoy our sloppy seconds.

its a funny thing though, neither Rakish Bingham nor Botti Biabi proved themselves in the Championship with Falkirk, and to be honest you're welcome to both of them, without any regrets here... Much like the Luca Gasparotto scenario -  he was truly awful with us and has apparently already got the Morton fans more than happy to have him back.   One team's sloppy seconds are another team's ambrosia.  

8 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Liam Henderson now off to Edinburgh city but permanently.

Cameron Blues joins them on loan and Shepherd staying until end of the season.

So 5 out in 24 hours- Gasparotto, Henderson, Blues, Shepherd and Nicholl.

Squad is definitely getting lighter by the day (not a Luca  joke). Blues's place on the bench to be taken by McKee with O'Hara back for Tuesday. I'm surprised Craigen hasn't gone yet as Hartley obviously doesn't rate him. 

Not really heard more rumours of players coming in though, Tyler Reid being the only other name mentioned so far.

31 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm a bit torn on this - he's a bang average Championship player who will give his all, knows the club and is match fit, but there's surely a better option out there somewhere that could've come in on that wage. I suppose if we're gambling a bit on other players (Welsh's fitness, the Sunderland twins being ready for grown up football) then a solid-ish 5/10 signing is a bit of risk mitigation.

Likewise not yet convinced Marsh; Longridge has clearly been trying his best, which should be a given, but will it be enough? am just hoping that his ineffectiveness in earlier games was due to lack of decent link-up coming from the wasters around him, and his much improved showing last week against QoS is more like what we'll get - regularly - in the coming months.  Dunno if I'm clutching at straws, but we're living in hard, hard times...

I'm unsure as to what's happened to Longridge in the last year and a half, if Falkirk fans aren't happy with having him.

The season where we went unbeaten the second half of the season under McKinnon was down to 3 players who were outstanding for us.

Louis Longridge, Ryan Hardie and Aiden Connolly.

2 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I'm unsure as to what's happened to Longridge in the last year and a half, if Falkirk fans aren't happy with having him.

The season where we went unbeaten the second half of the season under McKinnon was down to 3 players who were outstanding for us.

Louis Longridge, Ryan Hardie and Aiden Connolly.

out of interest what position did Longridge play then?

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hopefully this. The pick up in actual quality and football ability has been clear since Sibbs and Taiwo returned. Hopefully Welsh too can add some quality once hes sharpened up. Maybe thats what Longridge needs around him. That Queens game does give hope for the laddie because he was excellent.

To me it's not just better footballers that he needs around him it's players willing to do the hard work. Against queens he had taiwo and kidd doing the donkey work and it showed in his best performance to date. On Tuesday we started with the wrong players in the middle and he only started to get into the game when McGhee moved into middle. He really should've scored then but it was a fine save by the keeper. We then lost a silly goal at the start of the second half and we changed the midfield as we were chasing the game and he never really got the space he needs after that.

15 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Squad is definitely getting lighter by the day (not a Luca  joke). Blues's place on the bench to be taken by McKee with O'Hara back for Tuesday. I'm surprised Craigen hasn't gone yet as Hartley obviously doesn't rate him. 

Not really heard more rumours of players coming in though, Tyler Reid being the only other name mentioned so far.

I wouldn't be sad to see McKee or O'Hara go either tbh.  

I see that a poll on today's daily record article has over 80% of fans (over 3000 votes, so can't all be Dunfermline!) think Falkirk should be punished for this - the public opinion may make it easier for the SFA / SPFL to set a new precedent by hammering us for the actions of a few arsehole 'fans'- is also worry that our new found reputation may tarnish the club for some time ... 

Edited by some_guy

I see that a poll on today's daily record article has over 80% of fans (over 3000 votes, so can't all be Dunfermline!) think Falkirk should be punished for this - the public opinion may make it easier for the SFA / SPFL to set a new precedent by hammering us for the actions of a few arsehole 'fans'- is also worry that our new found reputation may tarnish the club for some time ... 

Daily Record readers.

Someone has to pay so let’s hammer the club rather than the individuals that did the damage as someone’s got to pay.

Many will be the same bigots that turn up at Ibrox or Parkhead each week. Oh the irony!

7 minutes ago, some_guy said:

Majority of that shitrags readers are ***s. Who took interest in this whole mess due to our two players having Irish Catholic sounding names and Wee Dean playing for the tribute act. They somehow think its something to do with them.

Who cares what daily record readers think of our club?