The Falkirk FC Thread

Depends where he's going. Raised eyebrows perhaps that he's the first out but the easiest players to move are the ones other clubs want.  If he's found a club like St Mirren or Dunfermline who will match the wages he's on here then why wouldn't he want to walk away and what costs would be involved? If he has 18 months @ £600/wk here and somebody offers him £600/wk for 18 months at a club where he'll actually get a game it's a no-brainer. He wants to play at a higher level, he needs to be playing games and scoring goals to get that move but it's clear he'll not be playing at Falkirk so he's off to find another shop window.

13 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Depends where he's going. Raised eyebrows perhaps that he's the first out but the easiest players to move are the ones other clubs want.  If he's found a club like St Mirren or Dunfermline who will match the wages he's on here then why wouldn't he want to walk away and what costs would be involved? If he has 18 months @ £600/wk here and somebody offers him £600/wk for 18 months at a club where he'll actually get a game it's a no-brainer. He wants to play at a higher level, he needs to be playing games and scoring goals to get that move but it's clear he'll not be playing at Falkirk so he's off to find another shop window.

Logic and sense? "Absolutely mental".

11 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

WTF are you people on here all about?

Austin has been utter drivel this season, remind me how many goals he has scored?

He dives all over the place, I'm for one thinks that Hartley has got this spot on... Get shot, both him and Hippo their attitudes look stinking.

Body language tells all for me for both players. Loy is another who needs a move. The returning Messiah has not managed to score yet and we are almost at New Year...fcuk sakes

Hartley needs to do something and fast or Div One play offs here we come.

I don't get where the soft spots are for strikers that cannot score goals???

They can all GTF as far as I'm concerned, they've had their chance and it time to replace.

I honestly don't understand this Love in pish for Austin and the patter he'll come back to haunt us? The only way he'll do this if we slip down to the seaside league, in reality that's his level IMO.

Time to move on.

Yea, you're right, Austin has been utter drivel this season, in the league at least. I would suggest however that that's as much down to the manager as the player. A blind man can see that he's not suited to playing up front on his own and he did just fine when paired with Loy in the LC games. He's lost confidence and heart because he was hitting a brick wall any time he got a chance.

The thing is we know what Austin can do when used in the correct fashion, it appears however that Hartley is going to persist with this one up front shite and we've signed a guy in Nelson who has no goal scoring record to speak of, presumably though he'll be good as a loan striker, maybe bringing others into the game, who knows?

Saturday is going to be absolutely brutal with either Miller or Loy on their own 'supported' by a wee blue ersed flea in Longridge! I would have had Loy and Austin together rather than that formation all day long.

I can't blame Fash for running away from this clusterfuck as fast as he can, especially if he has something decent lined up which seems likely. I count at least 7 'forwards' that I would have punted before him though!

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I was under the impression Austin was out of contract in the summer. I'd be surprised if he didnt get a pay off to get out, thats what footballers do with their agents earning their crust, footballers dont rip up contracts that easily as we will find out 

He may end up at Livvy or QOS who probably wont pay what he was on with us, no brainer to take a pay off and get playing again

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Harrogate Town are in the sixth tier of English football. The last player you signed from that level was Will Vaulks, who was at Workington before you signed him.

Will was on loan to Workington, he was freed from Tranmere

I'm actually starting to think maybe every player we have would take a move to another club. 

I can't even guess the turmoil behind the scenes at FFC, unless people at the club including Hartley get a realistic grip on things Division One beckons. 

Our Time,  saying never been more true than now. 

Serious knicker wetting going on here. We know the squad is shite - look at results since the start of 2017. We've given them a year to turn things around and they haven't. Get them to f**k for some other mugs to fantasise that one day they might be good.

Grant's done, another one like Farid who got one knee injury too many. His strength was winning everything in the air and I've not seen anyone in the flesh that was better - but that was two years ago. Now he can't jump and he certainly can't pass the ball out of defence.  If the Pars want him they can have him - suckers.

As it is I'll just continue to chuckle whenever a football fan thinks there club is going to be able to magically f**k of players from a contract with no financial repercussions, especially in this instance.

See below for example.

Logic and sense? "Absolutely mental".

*chuckle chuckle*

Heard the same. Grant is discussing terms with Dunfermline apparently.

Is the Grant rumour true ? Totally gutted if that turns out to be true.

I expect to make my debut in due course.

Fwiw unless we're planning on losing Morris then I can't see it happening. If it wasn't for the Shiels fiasco I could have seen us going in for McKee.

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is the Grant rumour true ? Totally gutted if that turns out to be true.

Here's a clue. It was started by Alert Mongoose. The man who was so in the know he told us in the summer that Stephen Dobbie was going to Motherwell, who also told us last year Mark Stewart was joining Queen of the South. These are just two of his previous "exclusives". Go search his posts. If Alert Mongoose told you it was sunny outside you'd be best advised to wrap up warm and wear a scarf.

Here's a clue. It was started by Alert Mongoose. The man who was so in the know he told us in the summer that Stephen Dobbie was going to Motherwell, who also told us last year Mark Stewart was joining Queen of the South. These are just two of his previous "exclusives". Go search his posts. If Alert Mongoose told you it was sunny outside you'd be best advised to wrap up warm and wear a scarf.

It's sunny outside now but I would also recommend wearing a scarf.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This

Every time I see an Alert Mongoose post my first thought is "Tit".

And it's not always to do with his avatars.