The Falkirk FC Thread

A good, athletic right-back at u20 level.  Tumilty was used at right-wing in McIntyre's last first team match as manager and Tumilty was really out of his depth there, subbed at half-time, but that isn't how he should be judged.

Tumilty has a bit of learning to do to become a good pro, but he'll get up and down the flank a lot, he's big and has a bit of pace.   Much more of a natural full-back than someone like Muirhead but not as dynamic as say Duffie.  He's keen to push into the final third.  When he got game time last season he showed a fair bit of promise but was naive in some of his positioning, which goes with the territory of being a u20 full-back.  Jason Naismith arrived in Jan and has become one of the top flight's better right-backs, so Tumilty hasn't had a look in when County have played a back four, which is almost all of this season.  McIntyre trusted him as a wing-back in a 3-5-2 last season when injuries hit.  No guarantees as to how he'll do, but he seems to just need first-team experience to be a good enough full-time player.

ETA: Last time I saw him was at right-back in the recent friendly Highland Derby in the November itn'l break and he looked very comfortable.  ICT's Zak Elbouzedi played at left-wing and looked quite rapid but Tumilty marked him well.

Edited by bunglebonce

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Muirhead Kidd, Balatoni, Grant, McGhee, Gallacher and Tumility....

7-1-1-1 formation anyone ?

A right back, surely a left back would've been more productive 

Several of the players quoted in your post will not be fit for Saturday, nor for a few weeks. We already have someone who can play LB; we have no-one fully fit who can play on the other side.  Unless you promote a youth player who's not yet good enough for first team football. Tumilty is, hence the short-term signing.

31 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

McGhee is solid at left back tbh.

I'd prefer to see him on his more natural right but he is our best option currently

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

What left backs are available at the moment? Beggars can’t be choosers.

Dont disagree, I just hope we add a left back in the window. My comment was very much tongue in cheek, I'd actually forgot Watson to make it a straight 8-1-1.

I've never ever known a so unbalanced defensive based squad in my time supporting Falkirk and to top it off we can't defend.

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm guessing our back four on Saturday will be Tumilty Muirhead Grant McGhee.

Kidd must be finished if we're signing this boy for a month rather than playing him. Good.

One can hope Muirhead can now stake his place for a centre half role and not used sparingly there

Other thot is that the rumours of Craigen and Muirhead coming to blows and Muirhead is dropped 

Before his injury in pre season Houston was close to getting Kidd out the door, on loan to Peterhead where McCracken is. To think, we paid a transfer fee for him.

On an unrelated note, what are people’s thoughts on Conor McGrandles and Ryan Blair coming back on loan? Would it be possible and would they improve what we’ve got just now? Or would it create a more unbalanced squad? The former is at MK Dons but hasn’t had much of a game there.

Guest Back Post Misses
Wonder if this means the injuries we've got in defence are lengthy.

Hopefully because Watson is shite.

Think it means Muirhead will be at CH to me.

Guest Back Post Misses
Several of the players quoted in your post will not be fit for Saturday, nor for a few weeks. We already have someone who can play LB; we have no-one fully fit who can play on the other side.  Unless you promote a youth player who's not yet good enough for first team football. Tumilty is, hence the short-term signing.

Is Kidd injured again?

14 minutes ago, Steven Mill Out said:

If Tumilty does start for the next month and if Balatoni comes back, I would like to see Balatoni and Muirhead playing at the back together since that’s the partnership that played in Partick’s title winning season

This would be a positive move. We've got 4 players who've won this league and only one of them plays regularly in their position from their title-winning season.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Is Kidd injured again?

No. I inquired about his non-appearance on Saturday and it was pointed out to me that he hasn't yet played a full 90 minutes for the Development squad. He only played 75 mins against Aberdeen on Tuesday so it appears he's being eased back in gradually.

Edited by Bainsfordbairn

Guest Back Post Misses
No. I inquired about his non-appearance on Saturday and it was pointed out to me that he hasn't yet played a full 90 minutes for the Development squad. He only played 75 mins against Aberdeen on Tuesday so it appears he's being eased back in gradually.

Ok,

Do you think that will mean he will get his chance in January?

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ok,

Do you think that will mean he will get his chance in January?

I guess it depends on whether the manager is going to wait until he's at 100% fitness before judging whether he wants to keep him or not. Or whether he already has a plan - and the finances - to replace him, along with many of the others who're out of contract in the summer.

I don't know. I'm looking forward to finding out though.

Guest Back Post Misses
 I guess it depends on whether the manager is going to wait until he's at 100% fitness before judging whether he wants to keep him or not. Or whether he already has a plan - and the finances - to replace him, along with many of the others who're out of contract in the summer.
I don't know. I'm looking forward to finding out though.

Having 14/15 out of contract in the summer is frankly disgraceful and points to a club that had no strategic recruitment plan.