The Falkirk FC Thread

got to admit when it comes to Falkirk that I tend to see everything through navy blue coloured glasses and am way way too optimistic! I wouldn't have sacked Houston, I still like sheps as a player etc. I am however coming round to the idea bringing in Hartley is a good idea, he changed things today, went for it when they went down to 10, he doesn't stick with players no matter how bad their form is, as you can see by the selection today compared with Houston's last team selection.  early days but Hartley has impressed so far.

so i'll be quite happy with us going up via play offs this season along side a challenge and Scottish cup double :thumsup2

I though we looked decent at times today.

Baletoni and Watson were good together and never really looked that troubled. McGhee has been a good signing and looks really solid. Defensively, QOS apart I think things are looking more positive.

Longridge looked good today and Dunne had another decent game. Whilst I thought Kerr was good I didn't like the way that most of our play was channelled through him, he persisted with flighty balls into the box that were simply meat and drink to the pars defence. We were crying out for balls in behind or getting to the by line and whipping the ball in. The times our players did get in behind it caused them problems.

I would like to have seen Fash on earlier to test their defence with his pace in behind them.

The lack of creating clear cut chances and the lack of a potent goal scorer is a worry but I think Hartley will sort this out.

I honestly feel we have enough about us to get us out the shite and moving up the league.

4 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

got to admit when it comes to Falkirk that I tend to see everything through navy blue coloured glasses and am way way too optimistic! I wouldn't have sacked Houston, I still like sheps as a player etc. I am however coming round to the idea bringing in Hartley is a good idea, he changed things today, went for it when they went down to 10, he doesn't stick with players no matter how bad their form is, as you can see by the selection today compared with Houston's last team selection.  early days but Hartley has impressed so far.

so i'll be quite happy with us going up via play offs this season along side a challenge and Scottish cup double :thumsup2

You do realise that it was going to be league one football next season if we'd kept houston on. The guys left an utter shambles of a squad for hartley to sort out.

You do realise that it was going to be league one football next season if we'd kept houston on. The guys left an utter shambles of a squad for hartley to sort out.

It's hard to believe that apart from a few players that Houston has left behind, we finished 2nd last season.

I see a huge positive change in Harleys approach, trying to change his tactics to actually trying to win a game instead of keeping it tight and trying like f**k for the last 10 mins.

I could not believe how many forwards we had on the park at the end and apart from the Austin header, we never really looked like cutting them opened.

I'm confident we start climbing up this league, unlucky today!

that's us played dundee United st mirren and dunfermline at home recently arguably the 3 top sides in the league. none of them beat us and all looked really poor. we aren't great but it gives me some hope that if we can start stringing some wins together soon all of these teams are going to drop points regularly and ground will be made up. first things first we need someone to score goals.

One home league win in the last 267 days for the Bairns. Will be closing in on 300 by the Morton game on the 25th.
Is that the worst run in Falkirk history?

We didn’t win at home until April when we got promoted in 2005 so probably not.

15 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

We didn’t win at home until April when we got promoted in 2005 so probably not.

We went I think 364 days from the last "down tools" couple of games in Division 1 until Jack Ross slew Dundee Utd 1-0.

Edit: yes, 9/4/05 until 8/4/06.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn