The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, AL0011 said:

Thats the thing though its not just radio its sport in general theres no real characters in the past you had your likes of Mo Johnston, Frank MacAvennie, going back further you had the likes of Whiggum some of these players and what they done in there time were/are legendary etc then media wise you had Chic Young, Archie macPherson, Jim White (although he's with Sky now, Jim Dellahunt, Dougie Donnelly then even referee wise you had the likes of Hugh Dallas, Syme Fyffe etc

now you can pretty much generalise them all not so much as having any real character in the sport just for using Collum as an example being a nob and a shit ref,  and media wise the closest you get to a Gerry McNee is Hugh Keevens

Jim White and Jim Delahunt characters!

Are you sure?

Chick Young is and always has been a wee c**t.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Jim White and Jim Delahunt characters!

Are you sure?

Chick Young is and always has been a wee c**t.

tbf Jim Whites always been an arse but as mentioned theres no real characters in the game anymore you always had a Jimmy Sandison who was always reknowned for being a hacking b*stard or a Kenny Black etc.

On another note see hartley is looking to bring in another keeper as a back up:

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc/falkirk-boss-hartley-looking-for-emergency-loan-keeper-1-4590964

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Tam McManus is ok IMO. Kris Boyd is a fucking cretin. 

Tam is good only one I enjoy listening too along with Micheal Stewart.  At least he does a bit of research and knows the players outside Celtic and Rangers. Plus ain't scared to call it as he sees it.

The old school guys were seasoned reporters who were trained to be articulate, though a fair few really were self important blowhards.
The current generation are not from the same background, bloggers at best and on the whole are there to provide "banter" with hopefully a wee bit insight thrown in (latter day Derek Johnstone's).
Michael Stewart is one of the few with any gravitas.

The old school guys were seasoned reporters who were trained to be articulate, though a fair few really were self important blowhards.
The current generation are not from the same background, bloggers at best and on the whole are there to provide "banter" with hopefully a wee bit insight thrown in (latter day Derek Johnstone's).

agree I think Michael Stewart stands head and shoulders above the rest. I think Stephen Thompson gets annoyed with him because he's better than he is too. for what it's worth I really like Stuart cosgrove and tam Cowan too. they always stick up for the smaller clubs and know a lot about scott ish football.

in England I like the ex England defender. Scouser I think. can't remember his name but he's another than doesn't just spout the same old cliches

What's the South side bar like? Will they have the cup game on beforehand? Also, how early do you need to be for tickets?

Bit pish tbh, went last weekend and it’s just a big room. I was at btw before hand and I wish I’d just stayed there and got the bus down. If they do it up a bit and get some proper music on instead of just shitey chart music then it could become a decent place to drink before the game.

25 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Bit pish tbh, went last weekend and it’s just a big room. I was at btw before hand and I wish I’d just stayed there and got the bus down. If they do it up a bit and get some proper music on instead of just shitey chart music then it could become a decent place to drink before the game.

I dont suppose its got sky tv or anything like that as that would cost the bod cash?  You really need that or extremely cheap beer to get the hoards in or they'll just stay in the pub.

And by the way Michael Stewart is a complete bellend.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I dont suppose its got sky tv or anything like that as that would cost the bod cash?  You really need that or extremely cheap beer to get the hoards in or they'll just stay in the pub.

And by the way Michael Stewart is a complete bellend.

Not 100% sure but I don’t think they have sky sports, I watched the Man U Liverpool game at the pub then headed down. £3 for a bottle/can of beer is okay but nothing special. Like you say theyd need some cheap draft to get people to come down. It has the potential but at the moment it’s a bit like the rest of the stadium. Soulless.

What’s happening down at the stadium tonight. 10-15 trucks and trailers with Movie Maker Uk on the side. Looked like they were all unpacked, loads of people hanging going in and out of the trucks and trailers.
I know that they are the company they used when they filmed the Avengers stuff in Edinburgh earlier this year and also used when they filmed World War Z in Glasgow.

I think they have been filming scenes for Outlander in the area

13 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

My best mates dad owns a pub in bannockburn, it costs 2k a month for them to show sky sports. Never going to happen in the SS bar

But SKY work with Scottish Football and Falkirk. I haven’t seen SKY covering the Stirlingshire Dominoe league but if they did I’m sure your muckers father would get a cheaper deal.

Graham Spiers is articulate but it doesn’t stop him being an utter fucking bellend

Just watched the Ciaran Dunne interview and it was bloody magic. To see what it meant to that young boy to pull on the Navy Blue was absolutely fantastic. His father in tears on hearing his boy made his debut.

If Hartley does nothing else at our club the way he is treating and inspiring the young boys is f*cking magic.

Well done Ciaran on a great debut and well done Paul on giving him the chance.

Just watched the Ciaran Dunne interview and it was bloody magic. To see what it meant to that young boy to pull on the Navy Blue was absolutely fantastic. His father in tears on hearing his boy made his debut.

If Hartley does nothing else at our club the way he is treating and inspiring the young boys is f*cking magic.

Well done Ciaran on a great debut and well done Paul on giving him the chance.

Totally agree. Understandably the results & performances of the 1st team will take lots of the focus and attention but this type of move could be very significant. Showing the development players that there is a realistic pathway to the 1st team is great to see. Very early days I accept but you could almost feel the Falkirk fans willing Ciaran on.

Read a few people on here telling us the talent is not there or that the coaches for the youths teams have told them that but hopefully this will be the start of us getting back to something I think we have been missing and something we can do pretty well.

I particularly enjoyed that Ciaran looked a little different from the sideways passing clones you often see from Academy players. However I fully accept that it is too quick to judge anything from 30 minutes but we’ve been so starved of any positivity on this front so I’m going to enjoy whilst I can.

Think the addition of Mick McCardle to Hartley’s backroom staff is significant also. From what I’ve seen of him so far he seems a very positive influence on the bench. Really calm and clear instructions. He was heavily involved in the drills before kick off. He was constantly praising the players and he looked delighted at the end with Ciaran’s performance. A change from the over the top negative aggression players received from a certain previous manager.

Whilst I think I may have mentioned I wasn’t a fan of Houston he has left us with what looks like two potentially very good players in Balatoni and McGhee. Both have helped steady a very shaky defensive ship. Balatoni reads the game very well and despite not being the biggest competes very well in the air.

However any good Kamma earned is wiped out by Harris.